Time 1 hour behind on 2 of 4 cameras while using NVR

ASFx

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently got a new 8 channel Hikvision PoE NvR from Nelly's, and 2 of my four cameras are one hour behind. I added pool.ntp.org to the NTP setting, and two of my cameras are still 1 hour behind. I then tried enabling DST, but then my two cameras that are behind end up becoming correct, and my two cameras that were correct before end up being ahead 1 hour. I then tried using manual time sync, and it had the same effect as enabling DST. No matter what I try, all four of my cameras will not display the same time. I can't think of anything else to try. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't had the exact same problem, but I've had some probs. So some ideas:
- set time & date on each cam individually.
- set T&D in NVR
(with a poe nvr, you may not be reaching through the nvr to truly be setting up the camera. you may need to connect to the cam directly, using a poe injector)
- if your cams have the wrong time, it will screw with playback (at least with dahua) If the cams are 1 hr behind, you can't playback what happened in the last hour.
I hope that helps....

gwilly

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had same issue develop recently at a customers home with Hik 16ch TVI with 1 Hik IP cam connected via a POE inserter. The DVR has correct time but the IP is off by an hour. Used the pool.ntp.org ntp server, had the local supplier tech support guy log in to check things out. He fixed it by turning off DST and setting time setting to manual:screwy:, of course I then told him I would have to log in twice a year to get time synced. He had no idea.

Seems to be a Hikvision issue.

Hunt

HAR316-16
Hik IP turret 4mp

V3.4.4 build 160615

ASFx

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't had the exact same problem, but I've had some probs. So some ideas:
- set time & date on each cam individually.
- set T&D in NVR
(with a poe nvr, you may not be reaching through the nvr to truly be setting up the camera. you may need to connect to the cam directly, using a poe injector)
- if your cams have the wrong time, it will screw with playback (at least with dahua) If the cams are 1 hr behind, you can't playback what happened in the last hour.
I hope that helps....
Unfortunately when connected to an NVR, there is no way i know of to connect to the cameras individually to change the time. The NVR completely takes over and acts as a settings hub for all connected cameras.

I have had same issue develop recently at a customers home with Hik 16ch TVI with 1 Hik IP cam connected via a POE inserter. The DVR has correct time but the IP is off by an hour. Used the pool.ntp.org ntp server, had the local supplier tech support guy log in to check things out. He fixed it by turning off DST and setting time setting to manual:screwy:, of course I then told him I would have to log in twice a year to get time synced. He had no idea.

Seems to be a Hikvision issue.

Hunt

HAR316-16
Hik IP turret 4mp

V3.4.4 build 160615
Man, that seems like a really annoying bug if it really is a Hikvision issue. It makes me wonder how a bug like that could exist after all this time selling cameras and NVRs. I tried using the manual setting too, but two of my four cameras are still an hour behind or an hour ahead no matter how i mess with it. :(

gwilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually you can connect to each camera via the NVR if you go to Network Tab then "advanced" then check the box "virtual host" if it is there. Under camera management you will most likely now see the port to use on the local network using the ip address of the NVR plus the port. Usually xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:65001 for cam 1 etc. Remote viewing would require you would to forward those ports to the NVR ip address. Obviously you would want to have strong passwords for the IP cameras.

ASFx

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually you can connect to each camera via the NVR if you go to Network Tab then "advanced" then check the box "virtual host" if it is there. Under camera management you will most likely now see the port to use on the local network using the ip address of the NVR plus the port. Usually xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:65001 for cam 1 etc. Remote viewing would require you would to forward those ports to the NVR ip address. Obviously you would want to have strong passwords for the IP cameras.
Yes! Virtual host was the solution. I enabled that, then directly connected to the two cameras that had the DST box checked, then unchecked it. Then I made sure the main time setting on the NVR was set to use pool.ntp.org. Now all my cameras are displaying the same time. Thank you :D