Time Delay before attaching trigger image in alert?

rayzor

n3wb
Reaction score
When getting emails/text messages of alerts, I attach the image. The issue is that the alert is triggered when the motion (for example a person) enters the borders of the camera. Due to the angle of the camera, this means it is their feet and lower body, and their face has not entered the region yet.

Is there a way to have BI wait .5 seconds or 1 second to capture the image after a motion event gets triggered and use that image instead, that way their face may have come into view?

I know I can mask out the borders but due to the angle of the camera it is actually a wide region I would have to mask out to guarantee that their face is visible.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, change your make time and test. Make small adjustments.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to deal with this but guarantee that you wont miss any motion is to create a cloned identical camera that will only be used for alerts (this add almost no additional resources)..this allows for separate settings for alerts vs recording..Set the duplicate cam to hidden so you dont have doubles on the screen.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can set a delay in the "configure email alert" settings to attach image after waiting xx (sec)

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any suggestions on the settings to use? I have been testing this for a while without getting it dialed in

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on the settings to use? I have been testing this for a while without getting it dialed in
I think it would depend on how fast the subject is moving...you might try increasing the amount of photos emailed or email a mp4 video..

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best results is to capture 5 to 10 pictures and limit to 1 email per trigger event. MP4 is next.