Time keeps changing

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know why but when I set up the time in the cam settings it's fine for a day or two and then the time is always changing. I don't have NVR or DVR. I read here many people experience this problem. Do you know how can I fix it? Thanks! My IP camera name is Dahua DH-SD59225u-hni

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wish I knew! I would set GMT-5, DST, enter dates, match PC time, then save. Did this on 5 cameras and son of a gun, they were all different in a week. I blamed it on the firmware and made sure everything was updated. Now they all match. Hopefully it is going to last. If we ever need to use these cameras for evidence, it's important that times match.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish I knew! I would set GMT-5, DST, enter dates, match PC time, then save. Did this on 5 cameras and son of a gun, they were all different in a week. I blamed it on the firmware and made sure everything was updated. Now they all match. Hopefully it is going to last. If we ever need to use these cameras for evidence, it's important that times match.
How long does it last before the time change again? Mine is sometimes a day or less than a day.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was inconsistent. Maybe I just didn't notice for a couple of days but I would say a week, generally.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to get the cams to sync up with a NTP server, most here who run BI set their BI PC to be an NTP server/source and then point the cams to the PC.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to get the cams to sync up with a NTP server, most here who run BI set their BI PC to be an NTP server/source and then point the cams to the PC.
What is NTP server and what's need to be done? Thanks.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NTP is network time protocol. On the setting page for time there should be a check for ntp and a server address. Ntp.microsoft.com is one. If you Google ntp servers and choose one close to you you'll be better off than just choosing the Microsoft one.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe the camera is restarting randomly and that's why the time keeps changing. Today I changed the time again and after an hour I tried to access the camera and the camera didn't load. Then I saw the time is changed again.