Time-lapse (sftp frames direct from IPC-Color4K-T)

jpoet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently setup several IPC-Color4K-T cameras. I bought these cameras a year ago, but have only recently been able to get them installed. FW is the latest: V3.140.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2023-12-24

I have found some old posts on how to setup Dahua cameras to sftp frames to a remote directory so they can then be assembled into time-lapse videos. None of those instructions appear to be valid for FW 3.14 on these cameras. I was able to get SFTP configured as clicking on the [Test] button indicates success. Can someone tell me what I need to do next?

I am running Blue Iris, but would prefer to just have these cameras write out a frame every 20 seconds directly. If it is not possible with this firmware and this camera, then I will figure out the BI route. I am very new to BI as well, so I would need to figure out camera "cloning", etc.

TIA!

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One easy way to use BI, to make a time lapse, is to make a JPEG every few seconds/minutes. That function can be accessed by selecting the camera of choice. (right click on camera)

Then camera settings.

Then record.

Place a check mark in the JPEG box, select continuous and select how often the image should be taken in the provided box. It is listed as m:ss.s. Thus every 10 seconds would be 0:10.0.

Then decide what folder to place the JPEG's in. For my use the Stored folder is used. However, other folders can be used if desired.

If all is entered then select OK to save.

If drive space is an issue then use the BI gear in the upper left corner. Select and go to storage. If using the stored folder to hold the JPEG's then select stored for the opportunity to change the limit size or limit clip age. Then OK to save.

Once all the files are in the folder one can use any number of programs to generate a time lapse. I use Shutter Encoder which is free and works well.

Another BI option is to use BI to generate a time lapse directly from an existing BVR file. That done using the convert/export BI function.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And...

jpoet

n3wb
Reaction score
One easy way to use BI, to make a time lapse, is to make a JPEG every few seconds/minutes. That function can be accessed by selecting the camera of choice. (right click on camera)

Then camera settings.

Then record.

Place a check mark in the JPEG box, select continuous and select how often the image should be taken in the provided box. It is listed as m:ss.s. Thus every 10 seconds would be 0:10.0.

Then decide what folder to place the JPEG's in. For my use the Stored folder is used. However, other folders can be used if desired.

If all is entered then select OK to save.

If drive space is an issue then use the BI gear in the upper left corner. Select and go to storage. If using the stored folder to hold the JPEG's then select stored for the opportunity to change the limit size or limit clip age. Then OK to save.

Once all the files are in the folder one can use any number of programs to generate a time lapse. I use Shutter Encoder which is free and works well.

Another BI option is to use BI to generate a time lapse directly from an existing BVR file. That done using the convert/export BI function.
Pretty easy. Thanks!

lazyone

n3wb
Reaction score
iptimelapse.com

I have no affiliation with this. Just used it at work and it worked very well.