Time Lapse Video, what's the secret?

steve491

n3wb
Reaction score
I cloned a camera and have it setup to create a time lapse video (one frame every 5 minutes during daylight hours). It seems to work but the video is very blocky. Does anyone have a tutorial, screen shots, or setting that they would like to share?
The camera is a Hikvision 3MP dome that has a beautiful video feed otherwise.
Thanks, Steve

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've done this by combining the snapshot pictures in windows movie maker.

steve491

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out. The time lapse video looked perfect viewing on the BI machine, but lacked quality viewing it remotely. I changed one of streaming web server tab and it looks great now. I need to tweak my time schedule and how often it records a frame but BI seems to make a great time lapse video.

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured it out. The time lapse video looked perfect viewing on the BI machine, but lacked quality viewing it remotely. I changed one of streaming web server tab and it looks great now. I need to tweak my time schedule and how often it records a frame but BI seems to make a great time lapse video.
I'd be interested in hearing what settings you used for good timing for your time-lapse video. I've wanted to do one for an annual video, but, never got around to it. If BI can do it automatically, then I'd love to set it up and let it run.