Time off by an hour

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a few Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras where the time is off by an hour. I set the timezone correctly, configured NTP, DST is disabled, and for some reason it's still behind by one hour.

I don't know if it's a bug in the firmware or what to do. Any ideas?

Firmware: V5.3.8 build 151224

Edit:

I just discovered a possible workaround. I switched to manual time sync, fixed the time, checked the "sync time with computer" box and saved. The time is now correct. Then I switched back to NTP and saved again.

I'm not too confident that the camera is actually respecting the NTP time since it didn't before, but... oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you also have a Hikvision NVR? If so, I have seen many firmwares where setting DST on both NVR and cameras will make the time on the cameras go off, like if they are adjusting the DST twice. If that is the case, the solution is to set up the DST just on the NVR.

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you also have a Hikvision NVR? If so, I have seen many firmwares where setting DST on both NVR and cameras will make the time on the cameras go off, like if they are adjusting the DST twice. If that is the case, the solution is to set up the DST just on the NVR.
I do not have a Hikvision NVR. I'm just recording to a Synology NAS. Even if the cameras are not being used to record at all, the time is (or was) off.

lunokhod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too have noticed that getting the time set on my DS-2CD2342ED-I (firmware V5.3.8 build 151224, same as the OP) is a real pain now that Daylight Saving Time has started in my part of the planet.

I've got NTP set (my Mikrotik router has an NTP server in it), I've got DST set (with correct start and end dates/bias), I've got my weird GMT +09:30 time zone set (Adelaide, South Australia)... but it just doesn't seem to obey the DST rule by adding an hour to the time... it adds two hours!

I reboot the camera and it seems fine... then within a few minutes it jumps forward an hour.

I've tried the method suggested by the OP to get the time set by changing to manual mode and checking the "sync time with computer" option. This then seems to change my time zone to GMT +10:00 and I end up an hour and a half out instead.

I am using this camera with the Hikvision PC-NVR... interesting to read about the Hikvision NVR double applying the DST rule. I guess the next thing on my list is to disable the DST check box on the camera.

Does anyone else have trouble with Daylight Saving Time?

Lunokhod.