Time stamp overlay slow on just one camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm using the same time overlay template on all of my cameras:
Code:
[FONT=comic sans ms]%x        %A      %X           camera name        %f FPS     %k kBps[/FONT]
Some time today I noticed that one of my cameras was showing 13hrs. 48min slower than all the others (pics attached).

I verified that the cameras all had the same text (excluding the camera name) in the text overlay editor. When I reset the suspect camera (right-clicking on the camera, choosing reset camera in the BI console) it fixed itself.

Seems odd to me that one camera can be so off. It affected the recording file name too... so it's not just the overlay. BI literally thought the camera was 13 hours behind.

Attachments

Nightish

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. This happened after I applied the most recent update. I am just using the stock time and date stamp on the camera through the software. It is currently affecting two out of four cameras. I watched one camera add almost 10 minutes in a 20 minute period. I hope this gets fixed soon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys should email support and let him know..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Already did - along with screen shots. @Nightish - aside from the time stamp on the video, BI will put those cameras out of sequence when it comes to file names and playback. So while the internal camera time stamp will show correct time, the ability to play back in sycn with the BI machine time is hosed.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just flipped through each camera, and found two more that were off by several hours. There's clearly something going on. I'll send a followup email to Ken so he knows this might be a more systemic issue.

Nightish

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try and email him tomorrow. I am out of town for the next week and a half but have remote access to my computer system at home.

RAYGC

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. One of my 6 cameras is losing several minutes per hour.

RAYGC

n3wb
Reaction score
Me too! One of two cameras loosing time.
I believe I solved my problem. I had "Enable audio capture hardware" checked (selected) when I had the problem, I unchecked this and the time stamp is accurate so far. I don;t know why.
My Dahua camera that was the problem does not have audio.

Nightish

n3wb
Reaction score
I have restarted BI many times since my first post. One camera is consistently wrong within several minutes of starting up BI. A second Camera is up and running fine for anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours before it starts going crazy. I now have a scheduled task to restart BI several times a day until this is resolved.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As I just posted here, Ken emailed me this morning, asking that I try the latest update (4.1.0.2). That tells me he's aware, and actively working to fix it. Since I installed it, I have not had any of the camera times slow down. Fingers crossed.

RAYGC

n3wb
Reaction score
As I just posted here, Ken emailed me this morning, asking that I try the latest update (4.1.0.2). That tells me he's aware, and actively working to fix it. Since I installed it, I have not had any of the camera times slow down. Fingers crossed.
I also installed new software (4.1.0.2) and have had no further slow cameras.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After 24 hours still no slow downs. While it's still possible that they might still reoccur, in the past, they'd slow within hours of a reset.

For those that say they're still experiencing the problem, double check on the server that you really are on on 4.1.0.2. With nearly daily (and sometimes multiple-per-day) updates, it's easy to lose track.

warhead

n3wb
Reaction score
After 4.1.0.2 I have no time slow downs or missing recordings on continuous mode. I've also disabled RTSP time stream option in all the camera settings