Timeline Playback Controls Not Always Visible, Despite "Always Visible" is On

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Running UI3 version 222, Blue Iris version: 5.6.0.9 and browsing from Chrome 105.0.5195.102 on macOS.

Whenever I first load a Timeline view, the playback controls are not visible, despite I have Playback Controls: Always Visible turned on.

As soon as I drag the timeline a bit, then the playback controls appear, but that's often inconvenient if I've just gone to the timeline to view something that's just happened. I'd prefer it if the playback controls were available at load, so that the Previous button would immediately take me back to the most recent alert.

Or am I doing it wrong?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"...despite I have Playback Controls: Always Visible turned on."

Probably the best person to confirm the behavior of the above setting is UI3 developer @bp2008

Side note, love the Timeline view in UI3, totally kick-ass. Huge addition to UI3.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a misconception here. "Playback controls" does not only refer to the controls when the video player is showing a recording. Live video has playback controls too.

All the Playback Controls: Always Visible setting does is prevent the controls from fading out when you aren't hovering the mouse over the controls or moving the mouse over the video player. Admittedly that is a bit misleading since the setting is under the Clips / Alerts section, one would expect it is specific to recordings in some way (but it isn't).

Anyway, I'll put it on my todo list to see about allowing the "Previous" button to appear during live view if you're on the Timeline tab.