Timeout on NVR Connections

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I access my NVR both through the NVR's UI, and through a LAN connection when I'm in the computer room (NVR is in the shop).

In both instances there is a timeout on the connections.

Has anyone found a way to remove or bypass there timeouts?

It's really a pain when I go out to the shop to access the NVR having to enter the password with the onscreen keyboard.

RodeoGeorge

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In the NVR settings under general--->system their should be a auto logout setting I believe to be set at 60 Mins MAX. By default its usually set at 10. Its done for security reasons. Somebody might have a script written to bypass that if clever enough.

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the NVR settings under general--->system their should be a auto logout setting I believe to be set at 60 Mins MAX. By default its usually set at 10. Its done for security reasons. Somebody might have a script written to bypass that if clever enough.
Thanks, I have that at 60, but many times I come out to the shop hours after the last activity.
Like I said, just a pain to enter using the on screen keyboard.

Hoping that someone wrote a script, or found the location in the firmware to change the time.

RodeoGeorge

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you could plug in a usb keyboard or possibly program a pi zero to 'type' it when you push a button.

I'm not that familiar with their nvrs, but you can create multiple users and possibly even enable anonymous log on. Perhaps a more limited user can do what you want and it wont nag for a password, requiring the password to do things like delete a recording.

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you could plug in a usb keyboard or possibly program a pi zero to 'type' it when you push a button.

I'm not that familiar with their nvrs, but you can create multiple users and possibly even enable anonymous log on. Perhaps a more limited user can do what you want and it wont nag for a password, requiring the password to do things like delete a recording.
I tried a USB keyboard when I first set up the NVR, and it was not recognized by the NVR.

I also tried a keyboard without a mouse, and still no recognition.

I might try that again now that the system is set up.

RodeoGeorge

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Setting the auto logout to 0 works for me. At least locally.
Thank you very much.
Works like a champ when using the monitor at the NVR and the NVR UI.

I don't know why I didn't think of using "0", as that works on several things like the Hibernate and Sleep times in WIndows.

RodeoGeorge

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Setting the auto logout to 0 works for me. At least locally.
Wow , Nice piece of info, If I ever need that option now I know, I never tested that but never really had the need yet! Thanks for letting us know.