Timestamp Overlay not working on SMS motion trigger

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
I have motion triggers set to send SMS messages to me.

Previously I used to compared the timestamp on the SMS picture to the time that I actually received it. It was quite handy while I was troubleshooting a SMS server issue.

I recently noticed that the timestamp overlay is not present on the SMS picture.

The timestamps DO show on all picture and video exports to the computer, just not on the SMS clips.

Any ideas?

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
Simplest solution is to use the time stamp in the camera, not the BI time stamp (assuming that's what you're doing). That way the time is part of the video as it comes into BI.
I had a feeling someone would reply with that solution, however, it worked prior at some point.

Any ideas how I can fix it in BI?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Since I don't use BI timestamps, having installed a local time server and syncing all my cameras to it, I have no idea. Maybe ask BI support why that's happening. One thing I can think of is look in the webserver tab on the console and the cameras and make sure that the box for overlays is checked in there.

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I don't use BI timestamps, having installed a local time server and syncing all my cameras to it, I have no idea. Maybe ask BI support why that's happening. One thing I can think of is look in the webserver tab on the console and the cameras and make sure that the box for overlays is checked in there.
I checked that and it's toggled on.

It could be a change from a recent update as well.
It could have been. I can't seem to find a setting where it would have changed anything?

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
I double checked some old sms alerts and sure enough I wasn't imagining things. The time stamp was visible on the pictures and I haven't changed anything from a BI standpoint other than an update. I'm guessing something was screwed up from that.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I double checked some old sms alerts and sure enough I wasn't imagining things. The time stamp was visible on the pictures and I haven't changed anything from a BI standpoint other than an update. I'm guessing something was screwed up from that.
Go back to a previous version of Blue Iris and see if it fixes the issue, then you will have more information to send to support to see if it can be fixed. Since I use the timestamp from the cameras, I don't have this issue.

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
Go back to a previous version of Blue Iris and see if it fixes the issue, then you will have more information to send to support to see if it can be fixed. Since I use the timestamp from the cameras, I don't have this issue.
I just checked for new updates and there was one. Updated, restarted, triggered the cam and boom... Alerts with time stamps are back!

I knew I wasn't crazy! Thanks for everyone's help!

douglee25

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with BI support.

They confirmed my issue and are also adding some additional changes to the next update 5.5.2.2 today.

Thanks.