Tiny Cam Viewer + Huisun v2 + primary stream + PTZ controls = reboot

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
When viewing all my v2 cams in Tiny Cam Viewer using primary stream (I have it set 10k bitrate @ 30 fps) and attempting to use PTZ controls the cam end up rebooting. Secondary stream is ok. FYI @alexvas

I generally use secondary stream because it's faster, but when I am at home I prefer to use primary for better clarity

I have Galaxy S7 and use Hardware+ (Android 4.3) option in Tiny Cam Viewer, if that matters

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Seems to be a bug in camera firmware.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So what is that bug? It works ok on PC or NVR, it's only with tiny cam viewer. I will test with IVMS4500 though just to be sure.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Contact Huisun. It is not possible to troubleshoot that from tinyCam app side.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah right, contacting Huisun isn't going to get anywhere especially if I bring up 3rd party app... I can already see their response "Would you like to buy more?"

Can you check that on your end if ONVIF commands in Tiny Cam are not sending reboot command when using PTZ?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect it's a Hardware+ setting in Tiny Cam Viewer Pro, the stream appears to work much better(smoother) using Software or Hardware. Using Hardware+ is highly unusable

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam does not use reboot command on PTZ.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
If it rebooting at higher bitrate than the secondary one, it likely that the camera processor is maxing out forcing itself to reboot.

Try lowering fps to 15 and see if it reboots when using PTZ. If it doesn't reboots then increase fps back to 30 but lower your bitrate.

I have not play with my Huisun much since I been busy lately but on my other brand cameras, I set about it about 15k bitrate @ 15fps. If i set it higher, my camera would sometime reboot itself and it doesn't even have a PTZ on it because it a older model and the processor on it isn't as powerful as today camera but still have it limitation on what it can process.

One other thing, higher bitrate and fps means the more chance of processor running hot and burn out.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The thing is it works fine using Software/Hardware in Tiny Cam, I had it using Hardware+ (which I am not sure the difference) when it fails.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Changing decoders in the app should not affect in any way to the camera. It only affects how the app decodes video on Android device. No any additional or different packets are sent to the camera if you just change decoders.