tinyCam app updates

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor 10.2.7 released.

Changes:
- Added show advanced info in Camera Settings - Status for some cameras, e.g. Wyze Cam, ONVIF, Blue Iris, etc.
- Added ZoneMinder 1.32+.
- Added support for more audio frequencies for AAC codec.
- Added web server restart.

Screenshot_20190314-094409.png

wd4sgu

n3wb
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor 10.2.7 released.

Changes:
- Added show advanced info in Camera Settings - Status for some cameras, e.g. Wyze Cam, ONVIF, Blue Iris, etc.
- Added ZoneMinder 1.32+.
- Added support for more audio frequencies for AAC codec.
- Added web server restart.

View attachment 40391
Hi,

I'm unable to select background mode for my Wyze cameras. When I click the box it shows a check mark for a few seconds, then it goes away.

Any thoughts?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm unable to select background mode for my Wyze cameras. When I click the box it shows a check mark for a few seconds, then it goes away.

Any thoughts?
Only one live connection can be established to Wyze cam. So if you use Background Mode and Live view at the same time, you will not be able to get feed reliably.

Craigm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey can you please explain that "only one live connection can be established to Wyze cam."
Do you mean all the Wyze cams on your network or just an individual cam. The reason I'm asking is that I have 3 Wyze cams that I'm accessing with Blue Iris and there very spiratic. On for a few seconds then freeze or complete no signal.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey can you please explain that "only one live connection can be established to Wyze cam."
Do you mean all the Wyze cams on your network or just an individual cam. The reason I'm asking is that I have 3 Wyze cams that I'm accessing with Blue Iris and there very spiratic. On for a few seconds then freeze or complete no signal.
Running wireless?

Craigm

n3wb
Reaction score
Running wireless?
TonyR, You were right on in your response even if it was in the form of a question you already knew the answer to!
Thank You as you saved me a lot of time and money as I already purchased the netgear Nighthawk A12 Router which I just sent back as I didn't need it!
The solution to the jerky videos was to move as many items as possible to hard wire and switch as many phones and computers to 5G and 5G2 on my current router. Thus leaving the 2.4 wifi for Wyze cams, smart switches and controllers that only operate on 2.4.
The only limitation is that I can only have 4 cams max with three being the best so the one cam I really don't need in the day I keep off.

A note to everyone is that Routers have limitations on the number of WIFI connections running at the same time on each channel. Even the Netgear Nighthawk which boasted 12 limited 2.4 to only 4 which is the same as my Linksys Router. So there was no big reason to replace as long as my cameras are working.