Tonga Underwater Volcanic Eruption

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw the first video earlier in a weather report. There were some low level tsunamis recorded in Hawaii from that, in the one to two foot range.

The second video makes me ask the perennial question of why people who use their cell phones for video recorders never think to rotate the phone to get a landscape capture rather than a narrow portrait capture. Too busy thinking "I'll get millions of hits on this when I post it" instead of thinking about what they're doing.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The second video makes me ask the perennial question of why people who use their cell phones for video recorders never think to rotate the phone to get a landscape capture rather than a narrow portrait capture.
^^^ THIS!
Drives me nuts! And when the news media puts the blurry, moving pillars on both sides to fill the screen it's just too big of a mess...I can't watch.
Add to that the rapid panning back and forth and jumping up and down I get dizzy and fall out my recliner (gotta start remembering to fasten my seat belt). :lol:

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^ THIS!
Drives me nuts! And when the news media puts the blurry, moving pillars on both sides to fill the screen it's just too bid of a mess...I can't watch.
Add to that the rapid panning back and forth and jumping up and down I get dizzy and fall out my recliner (gotta start remembering to fasten my seat belt). :lol:
You know Samsung made a TV that is supposed to auto-rotate for portrait mode video. I bet it does not work well though. Most portrait video you come across is only a few seconds long.