Totally confused with my new 2335

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using 2032 and 2332 cameras for years with Blue Iris.

I recently bought a 2335 from Amazon. It came with build 5.3.3 and has CH in the serial.

I'm not real up to date on what's apparently changed since my last purchases (default user/pw, simple install) and my new 2335. But I'm perplexed.

This morning, I unboxed it, plugged it into my BI network, loaded up SADP, and tried to login to the camera via a browser. No go. And I cannot modify anything in SADP. I've been reading and it seems Hik recently implemented security features which means the old default user/pw are no longer used?

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get this working? I tried the reset code generator in this forum, but it would not allow me to change the pw via SADP's 'forgot password' option.

This is really frustrating. If this gets too complicated, I'll just send the thing back to Amazon. I really have nothing to lose by trying anything. if I brick it, I'll still send it back.

Any advice?

Thanks

EDIT:

I found out that the default password is 123456789abc

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
5.3.0+ firmware versions implement activation, which requires you specify an admin password for security reasons, there is no default. It seems all of the current generation of Chinese cams are shipping with default passwords. I ordered about 50 3145 IP domes and they all came with the same password as you mentioned.

Normally, what you would do is connect all of your deactivated Hikvision's to a Hikvision NVR, and when you setup the NVR with its admin password (also no default), the NVR "activates" all of the cameras by password protecting them with the NVR's admin password. From a security standpoint I love this concept, but their implementation could use some work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. After years using hiks with BI and not being up to speed on the change, this somewhat infuriated me temporarily.

I got this 2335 from amazon for about $100 with prime shipping. It seems to work fine, and I'll leave it on a test bench for a while before mounting it. I've never been too concerned about firmware versions. If I set it up and it works for a few years, I'm happy.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's a great approach. Aside from bug fixes, I've never seen any logical reason to keep pushing firmware to the cameras. In my case, I always push firmware to the NVR because that is what I actively interface with, so that needs to be as current as possible. While some of the more recent versions have had some issues, they are slowly improving them. In your case, leave the cameras alone and keep Blue Iris current, and you should be golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk