Toughdog dome camera

Reaction score
Hey y'all. New restaurant needs to take ownership over the installed cameras. I've got 3 working, but 4 are password protected. I've tried default passwords with no luck. Now I'm trying to manually reset them to avoid having to replace. No model numbers available. None printed on the devices themselves.

1. What are the default passwords for Toughdog dome cameras in case I'm missing one. (Googled for a good hour)
2. Where is the reset button on these as I can't find one.

Thanks

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all. New restaurant needs to take ownership over the installed cameras. I've got 3 working, but 4 are password protected. I've tried default passwords with no luck. Now I'm trying to manually reset them to avoid having to replace. No model numbers available. None printed on the devices themselves.

1. What are the default passwords for Toughdog dome cameras in case I'm missing one. (Googled for a good hour)
2. Where is the reset button on these as I can't find one.

Thanks
FWIW, that appears to be a turret camera, not a dome camera.

I could be wrong, but in your 2nd image it appears there's a BNC connector on that pigtail at top of the image....am I mistaken?

If no other member comments are posted that help you, you may consider contacting ToughDog Support next door to you in TX.

TD-cam.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is a BNC connector. There are 4 BNC cameras connected (3 working) and 4 IP cameras connected. The one I pulled down had a chewed up cable and will need to be replaced.

So I need to pull down one of the IP cameras to figure out model# and check for reset button. The DVR I've got allows for IP cameras via it's NIC.

Reaction score
FWIW, that appears to be a turret camera, not a dome camera.

I could be wrong, but in your 2nd image it appears there's a BNC connector on that pigtail at top of the image....am I mistaken?

If no other member comments are posted that help you, you may consider contacting ToughDog Support next door to you in TX.

View attachment 176802
This is the model# I need to find.

Attachments

Reaction score
To close out this thread, these are a newish model of ToughDog Security cameras that have a little phillips head accessible panel revealing a microSD card slot and a small reset button. Resetting the cameras defaulted the password to 12345 and I was able to reconfig via the Dahua DVR/NVR.

Reaction score
The system has 4x BNC cameras and 4x RJ45 cameras connected via an unmanaged switch to the router. I learned a bunch, but mainly that a DVR can accept network cameras depending on the model, so you're not restricted to the number of ports on the back. Pretty cool. Thx guys for letting me bounce stuff of ya.