TP-Link Vigi C540-W v2 vs Dahua SD2A500-GN-AW-PV

JamesMR2

n3wb
Reaction score
New to surveillance camera world, would like to instal a front camera to monitor the front gate, 2x garage doors, front patio (fence), and monitor people walking the street at night for alerting neighbourhood watch security group.
I thought of a PTZ, bought one cheap chinese generic/Andowl S-Q2000X, for about $50, dual lenses (1for wide view, 1 for telephoto) 4x infrared leds, 4x white leds, 2x way audio, wifi, 10x zoom (5x zoom on wide lens + 5x zoom on telephoto lens), running through the APP CareCam Pro.
Overal image was not bad, but motion and human detection was a complete crapy useless, although on low sensitivity, could get as high as 400 to 600 alerts per day, and more than 90% were false alarms.
Anything would trigger it's alarms, bugs, moving branches, slight wind breeze, cloud shadow, ghost's perhaps...
Watching the footage was another pain in the a.. CareCam not user friendly at all.
Tried many onvif apps, onvier, iSpy... nothing would connect to that.
So i returned the camera to the seller and got my refund.

Now i need to get something more decent, that will notify me more accurately on a cellphone when someone is passing through the street/front gate, to inform neighbourhood patrolers to be aware and keep an eye.
Also something that will take me more directly into the detected footage when reviewing the stored videos and spend a lot of time searching for it.

As a beginner would like to go for cheap ones to get learning and as getting experience would go upgrading bit by bit, but wouldn't like to go for these generic unbacked, non supported chinese ones.

My 2x options at the moment, budget around $100 +/-, both below are nearly same price around $120.
# TP-Link Vigi C540-W V2
# Dahua SD2A500-GN-AW-PV
Vigi C540-W V2 not much information on google looks like a new released, wonder if anyone has some reviews or experience with this, its a 4MP 1/3" progressive scan CMOS sensor, wi-fi, Pan Tilt, digital zoom, NO OPTICAL ZOOM, the good about this v2 compared to v1 is it was added AI human & vehicle classification, object abandoned + object removal detection advertised, couldn't check reviews on how these features really perform.
On this TP-Link web can view and chose between v1 and v2 to compare features.

Dahua SD2A500-GN-AW-PV is a bit much known here, and seems to have fewer features compared to TP-Link Vigi C540.

Based on your experiences and expertise what would you consider between these two options above, to an outdoor, day and night (little lighting condition), monitoring, user friendly interface specially on video footage, more accurate motion (vehicles) and human detection, lesser false alarming, remote monitoring and alarms notifications through the web or app.

Regards.
J.J.

Attachments