TPC-BF2221-T

Well, I received it. It's unbranded on the camera and box, but the firmware is this:

Web interface looks identical to the DH-TPC-BF5421 I bought last week.

It came in a sealed bag. I offered $170 on the OBO on eBay and they accepted. So total price w/tax and shipping was $199. They have 10 more, so I may bite for a few more.

First capture with it on the kitchen counter - all stock.

Fantastic! If it was a wider field of view (like 90°) I would probably buy one or two because I don't see the regular price of these cams dropping below $400 any time soon. I just find the wider view much more useful. I don't have any thermal cams mounted outdoors at the moment but I'm using one to monitor the utility room (furnaces, air conditioning, water heaters), and another is watching my battery racks but it isn't a wide enough field of view to see all I want it to.

YRawhSK.jpeg

(those are Hikvision thermals I got ~4 years ago)

Reactions: bigredfish
I wonder if they are S1 or S2 versions.

The S1 versions were problematic with triggering. I spent months troubleshooting with Dahua engineers on the problem and they couldn't resolve it.

The S2 is rock solid though. I think they learned on the S1.

Is there a way to tell what version it is (other than build date)? I'd be happy to look harder at it if it's possible. I just ordered a second. Looks like he has 3 left. 7 sold in last 24 hours. I imagine some of that is from here ;)

Reactions: bp2008
Build date of the software in the screenshot was 2020 June 3. Do you remember if S2 was released before that?

My build date is July 7 2021, so these would be the older model.

I know S2 models had build dates of January 2022.

I mean it is still a great camera and I am using my older ones as thermal overviews. The price is right that is for sure.

Reactions: bp2008
Well, for some reason my BI is not playing nice with the TPC-BF2221-HTM. I'm getting no signal, despite being able to view it directly on the camera's web page. IP is correct, ONVIF is discovering all features/protocols, but BI shows no signal/socket error. I've not seen that before. Tried it with h264 and h265, nada.

That was one of the many issues I found with the older model.

Try this for the ONVIF source:

1720240997345.png

Ugh. Guess it might just be too good to be true.

I tried with the source set to 00100/00100. No dice.

It's odd because about 1/2 the time ONVIF will pull the full details:

1720241626442.png

And then it won't:

1720241651679.png

I'm getting a socket error 10054/no signal on BI. Bummer

DOH! Rookie mistake... Apparently I have something else on my network that utilizes the same IP. I checked it to make sure no cameras were there (there weren't) but something is responding after changing to a new IP. That explains the intermittent responses. God I'm tired.

ETA:
The MAC returns as an amazon device. That's odd since the subnet 192.168.2.xxx is segregated and isolated from the WAN. I wouldn't have deliberately added any Amazon devices to that network. Gonna have to investigate. For now, this camera is playing nice with BI.

Reactions: bigredfish