Tracking down Dahua NVR alarms/beeps

capnswab

n3wb
Reaction score
Been trying to find the source for seemingly random beeps from the NVR. I'm only running 2 cameras right now and auto maintain has been disabled on NVR and cams. Seems to happen at random times. This morning the wife heard it at 7:08, and it was just a few days ago at around 10:30pm. I don't ever see anything in the logs for the times it beeps. One continuous beep a few seconds in length. Going through all the settings I can find, all the "buzzer" check boxes are unchecked. What could I be overlooking?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
open up the timelines arround that time and see if there's a gap in recording.

capnswab

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing besides motion that I see. Mostly it's the wife that's heard it, so I'm going off what she's telling me. Just can't figure out if I'm missing something. IMG_0390.PNG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you have it port forwarded? mebe its beeping w/failed login attempts from hackers.

capnswab

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a new router and I haven't opened up any ports, but I'll double check. Now that you mention it, I did see a failed login attempt on the 888888 account the other day but figured someone just hit the mouse. It's in a guest room, so it would be easy to do. Appears I have some sleuthing to do. Should it log failed logins? I haven't seen any of those logged.

capnswab

n3wb
Reaction score
Turns out it was the DirecTV remote. Any time someone was in the guest room, certain buttons would also work with the NVR and attempt to login, cause a failed login and trigger the alarm. Something as simple as changing the volume with the remote would cause it. Covering the front of the NVR to block the sensor will work for now.