Transfer configuration from one camera to another

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got a SD59432XA-HNR from Andy's refurb deals. It will be replacing a SDA49425-HNR. The new camera will hang on the same bracket. I would like to have the same presets, tours and settings on the new camera. In lieu of setting them up manually, can they be exported from the old to the new?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In lieu of setting them up manually, can they be exported from the old to the new?
I'd be surprised if it didn't: even my $45 Amcrest IP2M-841 ( a Dahua re-brand indoor PT/digital zoom) has under "Settings" => "System" => "Import/Export" and states on the page "Export your current configuration or import a previously saved configuration."

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it is that easy, I'm going to slap myself. I've been looking at my cameras with the app and smartdmss. If it is in there, I'm completely overlooking it. I'll log in with explorer and poke around. Thanks for the pointer.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I exported the configuration on an IP2M-841 and the SDA49425-HNR. Both files are plain text files. Neither one exports position preset information, for example, front gate, rear gate, mailbox are presets 1-3. Also noticed that preset names do not show up in a browser window. Only in the smartpss app. The android DMSS app also does not have the names. I thought the names might be stored in the smartpss app but I added one on the desktop and then checked in the laptop and the names showed up. This makes me think that preset names are stored in the camera. Guess I've got some typing to do!