Transform a wire Dahua camera into wireless

Reaction score
Hello

If i have a Dahua IP camera like IPC-HDBW3541F-AS-M but want to change it Into a wireless IP camera what should i do?

In the place i want to put this camera i only have eletric power and the poe nvr is about 20 meters far from the camera, but I cannot run cables between them.

The DAHUA NVR and the internet router are next to each other.

Last edited:

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Only possible way I can think this can be done (it may even not work though as I don't know if anyone has even tried this):

1) install a Ethernet over Power (EOP) input device on your electrical power line to your camera at the NVR location. NOTE: these devices are typically rated at 10 mbps so it may be marginal for a camera video feed.
2) Feed your camera IP signal from your NVR to your EOP input device in item 1.
3) Separate your IP signal at the camera with another Ethernet over Power device (IP output).
4) If your camera does not have a separate power pigtail for a separate 12 volt power supply, you will then need a POE injector device at the camera mount location to re-combine the IP signal and power to the camera via the ethernet line.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Another option is to get a small, say 4 port, PoE switch and a pair of Ubiquity Nano Station Loco. Locate the switch and one Loco at the camera end and the other Loco at your router, main switch, end. That will provide a dedicated, encrypted, RF link between the two and the Loco can go as far as a kilometre and handle, easily, four cameras simultaneously.

Reaction score
Another option is to get a small, say 4 port, PoE switch and a pair of Ubiquity Nano Station Loco. Locate the switch and one Loco at the camera end and the other Loco at your router, main switch, end. That will provide a dedicated, encrypted, RF link between the two and the Loco can go as far as a kilometre and handle, easily, four cameras simultaneously.
Is compatible with Dahua NVR and CAMERAS?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I;m not an expert on NVRs, I use Blue Iris. It should be possible to do though. I'm sure someone will chime in with further advice. It would probably take setting the IP of the Loco to comply with what the NVR is looking for.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I;m not an expert on NVRs, I use Blue Iris. It should be possible to do though. I'm sure someone will chime in with further advice. It would probably take setting the IP of the Loco to comply with what the NVR is looking for.
FWIW, I've always set up the bridge up to be visible/locatable on the same subnet as the LAN on which it's deployed so one can easily view each radio's webGUI by IP and look at link quality, etc. That way if the link appears to be "down" from the AP end (house, NVR) you can attempt to log into the the station end (at the cams) to confirm that.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that the bridge can be set up using any private IP subnet, totally different from your LAN, and still function properly as a Layer 2 transparent bridge as long as they are paired first.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Nanobridge setup connecting a camera on a large billboard back to my building. Been running for about 3 or 4 years now.

You need some networking "know how" to set it up though.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Only possible way I can think this can be done (it may even not work though as I don't know if anyone has even tried this):

1) install a Ethernet over Power (EOP) input device on your electrical power line to your camera at the NVR location. NOTE: these devices are typically rated at 10 mbps so it may be marginal for a camera video feed.
2) Feed your camera IP signal from your NVR to your EOP input device in item 1.
3) Separate your IP signal at the camera with another Ethernet over Power device (IP output).
4) If your camera does not have a separate power pigtail for a separate 12 volt power supply, you will then need a POE injector device at the camera mount location to re-combine the IP signal and power to the camera via the ethernet line.
btw, EOP needs to be on the same electrical circuit for it to work. May also interfere with some wifi signals.