Transparent objects in images and playback

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since I upgrade to BI5 I often get transparent like objects in my emailed screenshots and also during playback. I only record on motion.
Here is an example of a person in motion. In earlier and later frames it looks fine.

1595351595121.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your iframe intervals need to match your fps.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. One camera changed interval for some reason but the others were already set to 15. I will wait to see if this fixed them but the one from the screenshot was already set to 15.

Last edited:

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua IPC-HF4431R-Z from big online retailer so firmware may not be the best.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s the sort of issue I see when Bi and the Intel video drivers don’t get on. Might be worth checking your driver version, doing some reading then trying to downgrade/upgrade.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @IAmATeaf. I tried upgrading and no difference so now I am downgrading.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @IAmATeaf. I tried upgrading and no difference so now I am downgrading.
Make sure you are installing the actual latest driver, not the latest your OEM allows. There are many threads on this. Its called tearing. There are several causes all solvable. Are you running the machine headless?

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you are installing the actual latest driver, not the latest your OEM allows. There are many threads on this. Its called tearing. There are several causes all solvable. Are you running the machine headless?
Yes headless.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes headless.
There are several threads that discuss this particular issue when running headless, some solutions include ensuring your intel graphics settings are set to maximum performance in the windows advanced power settings and running an hdmi emulator for 6 bux. See threads.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I updated to the latest driver and set the graphics to max performance so we will see... If that is not the fix I will get the emulator.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set the power profile to high performance and installed an HDMI emulator. Now while viewing UI3 the camera feeds go green often unless I remote in using TeamViewer. After that the feeds are fine. Maybe remoting to the headless pc makes it think it is connected to a display. Removing the emulator doesn't fix the green feeds and neither does the changing the power settings back to balanced.

So I have the power settings back to balanced, I installed an older version of the Intel graphics driver again to try to get back to "normal", removed the HDMI emulator and the feeds still flash green very often. The only "fix" so far is to leave the connection to the pc open. I'm not sure what happened other than the emulator damaged the graphics in some way.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After messing with this for an hour the green feeds seem to have stopped happening at least for now. I didn't change anything after the last post so maybe installing an older driver for the graphics helped even though it happened for awhile after installing the old version.
BTW, the graphics is the built in Intel uhd graphics 630 on the mother board. I am willing to get a graphics card to fix all these issues if needed. I still have the weird transparent ghosting that I was originally trying to fix.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After messing with this for an hour the green feeds seem to have stopped happening at least for now. I didn't change anything after the last post so maybe installing an older driver for the graphics helped even though it happened for awhile after installing the old version.
BTW, the graphics is the built in Intel uhd graphics 630 on the mother board. I am willing to get a graphics card to fix all these issues if needed. I still have the weird transparent ghosting that I was originally trying to fix.
You dont need a graphics card. Ensure you have the actual latest driver. If you are using an oem version of windows google how to override and install the latest driver.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You dont need a graphics card. Ensure you have the actual latest driver. If you are using an oem version of windows google how to override and install the latest driver.
I am going directly to Intel's site and downloading the driver.