Tree shadows setting off motion

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ditto....I use MD just to create some extra zones on cams used as spotters for the PTZ since there is no reporting back to BI for individual IVS zones on the cams I have. Would be nice if BI supported cam specific IVS zones to allow for more customized action to be taken by BI.
I think we can now since we have the different IVS attributes broken out under ONVIF Events. Complicated but under "Listen for:", I think you should be able to disable everything other than only listening for the one type of ONVIF event that you want to pick up for a given ONVIF trigger from the cam (e.g., line crossing as defined by IVS rule #1) . I don't see any way to have more than one set of "Listen fors" at a time for the same cam though so if that's the case then you'd need to have clones to pick up the different triggers from different events.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bit late to the party but my flood lights and sensor are behind a tree.

Are there security flood lights with a separate motion sensor as I don't want the hassle of moving the light mounting place

Thanks
Yes, you can mount separate motion sensor for the flood light.
Here is one example, but there are many other options.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Even using Tripwire/Intrusion zone triggers, you will get false positives. For me, on partly cloudy days, the sun constantly appearing/disappearing causes the problem. It's just unavoidable. It can be minimized somewhat by setting up proper 'target' sizes, and that really requires alot of playing around.
Not true. That is what AI is for.

Unfortunately if using an NVR your options are limited. However, if new enough, your cameras may have AI in built in. I've had just 1 false trigger in a year using AI as every IVS trip is filtered through AI which decides if it's a person or other specified object. Even that could probably have been avoided by simply increasing the confidence requirement. Mine is set low at 50% but I still only have had the 1 false alert,

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Uh, I use NVRs and ALL of my cameras have Human/Vehicle AI attribute for IVS rules so no problems and false alerts are extremely rare.
Newer NVRs also have built in AI but I still recommend using the camera built in AI