Trendnet IP Dropping connection and locking me out.

Burnett03

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been a lurker on this site for a while. I normally just read threads and learn things. However i'm having issues with one of my Trendnet TV-IP311PI cameras. Trendnet customer support isn't much help with the issue. I am running 4 cameras. All are recording to a freenas server and all are POE through a linksys switch. Two of them work beautifully with no issues. I can view them remotely etc. However the 3rd and 4th are giving me a hell of a time all of sudden. I've take one out of the mix and sent it to trendnet to get a replacement.
This is the issue. I can view all my cameras fine on my network, however if i change any sort of IP settings on one of the cameras i lose it. I can no longer see it through the trendnet camera find software, i can't access the web GUI. It's just gone. I can however ping the camera. If i do a hard reset on the camera and leave all the ip settings on factory settings sometimes it will come back up. It will work fine, but if i change the port or switch it to static i lose the camera again. I have no idea why it's doing this when my other ones work fine. As long as i leave the default ip settings i can normally view it just find. Any ideas?

Ryan

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you assigning static ip's outside of your DHCP lease range?

Burnett03

n3wb
Reaction score
After further research i found multiple people with the same issues.. It seems that it's a firmware issue from hikvision/trendnet.