Trendnet IR Issue After Firmware Upgrade

Trappid

n3wb
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have several Trendnet TV-IP320PI cameras. I have them recording using Blue Iris and all was good until I decided to upgrade the firmware after one of them was hacked and the admin password changed, which I hear is common amongst these cameras...

After I upgraded the firmware the IR seems shockingly bad in comparison to before. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, if it's even possible? Screen shots below of before and after the firmware upgrade for comparison.

I should also mention since I did the upgrade the web GUI doesn’t want to work very well ether. The live view doesn't work anymore and several of the buttons including the "Browse" button for selecting the file for the firmware upgrade don't work, as it was my first thought to run the firmware again and/or attempt to downgrade it back.

before.PNG
after.PNG

Cheers,
Richard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have several Trendnet TV-IP320PI cameras. I have them recording using Blue Iris and all was good until I decided to upgrade the firmware after one of them was hacked and the admin password changed, which I hear is common amongst these cameras...

After I upgraded the firmware the IR seems shockingly bad in comparison to before. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, if it's even possible? Screen shots below of before and after the firmware upgrade for comparison.

I should also mention since I did the upgrade the web GUI doesn’t want to work very well ether. The live view doesn't work anymore and several of the buttons including the "Browse" button for selecting the file for the firmware upgrade don't work, as it was my first thought to run the firmware again and/or attempt to downgrade it back.

View attachment 35071
View attachment 35072

Cheers,
Richard
Uninstall the old plug in and install the new one when prompted... It looks like the camera maybe in day mode for the iR disabled...
also if you're using blueiris there is no reason why your camera should have been exposed to the internet... Ensure that no ports on the cameras are forwarded and that UPnP is disabled..