Trendnet TV-IP672PI Stream Type Not Supported with Hikvision NVR?

Alan2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have a building with several of these cameras installed that we would like to get connected to our Hikvision NVR until we figure out what new cameras we are going to put in the building. When I add the camera the NVR says "Stream type is not supported". NVR is a Hikvision DS-96128NI-I24/H. Anyone know why they don't want to work together?

Hikvision datasheet:

TV-IP672PI specs:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to match the camera brand and NVR for full compatibility.

I suspect that the camera is not ONVIF compliant and/or uses a proprietary streaming format.

@alastairstevenson is our Hik expert, maybe he has a solution.

Last edited:

Alan2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So frustrating as these cameras would be very handy to have running until I determine what new cams to buy and install. Support from Trendnet said to select protocol Trendnet I or Trendnet II on the NVR. However, the NVR only supports the protocols listed below. Any chance any of the protocols listed below may work? ONVIF didn't work and was the one I figured had the best chance.

ACTi
ARECONT
AXIS
BOSCH
BRICKCOM
CANON
HIKVISION
HUNT
ONVIF (Version 2.5)
PANASONIC
PELCO
PSIA
RTSP
SAMSUNG
SONY
VIVOTEK
ZAVIO

Alan2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a TrendNet NVR to use on the old cams. However, even their own NVR didn't work. It has protocols TrendNet1, TrendNet2, TrendNet3 along with ONVIF. The cam only worked with ONVIF but very frequently lost connection. Done trying to make those cams work.

Dingoboy77

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a TrendNet NVR to use on the old cams. However, even their own NVR didn't work. It has protocols TrendNet1, TrendNet2, TrendNet3 along with ONVIF. The cam only worked with ONVIF but very frequently lost connection. Done trying to make those cams work.
The camera in the link you provided was discontinued by TrendNet on 9/8/2015. It is possible that the protocols on an NVR you just purchased (new?) are no longer compatible. I think you may be on the right track on either accepting the frequent connection drops or upgrading the camera.