Tribrid NVR

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are the tribrid NVR's like you see on Security Camera King legit? I currently have an older analog DVR I bought from security camera king many years ago I would like to upgrade but at the same time not have to replace all my cameras at once. The 16 channel Tribrid el16c unit to me looks like it will do a total of 32 channels. 16 CCTV/cvi as well as 16 ip. I think the limiting factor it the recording rate of 1920x1080 and no 3-4 or 5 mp.
Can anyone give me thoughts. Looks like everything I am looking for to use some existing cameras and coax but have the flexibility to add some IP cameras where I may already have network switches and UBNT stations for my remote shop.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they are fine stop gaps so you can convert to IP at your own pace/budget.. the tribids usually are: Analogue, CVI (Digital over Coax), and IP.. the CVI cameras are way cheaper than the IP ones so you can potentially swap those out w/out replacing the wiring outright, the image quality on the Dahua CVI Starlights looks pretty much the same as the Dahua IP Starlights w/same specs.

I wouldent get too hung up on 1080p max, 2MP (1080p) cameras are the sweet spot for best performance at night.. the 3,4,5MP cameras all suck nuts at night since none of em bothered to increase the sensor size or sensor sensitivity when they packed more pixels into the chip.. Your just using more diskspace and resources for less detail and more noise when used outside at night.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great info, Thanks.

I am pretty sure the units at SCK are rebranded older Dahua units. Are there any reliable outlets for the newer Dahua units like the Ultra?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've purchased from CCTV-Mall a number of times with good results. And of course Andy here on the forum@EMPIRETECANDY

Browse cctv-mall for HDCVI DVR's they show specs for most and seem to keep the site updated. Andy may get you a better deal though.
wholesale HCVR8216A-S3 - buy DAHUA HCVR8216A-S3 16 Channel 1080P 1U Digital Video Recorder DHI-HCVR8216A-S3 without logo without logo
http://www.cctv-mall.com/hcvr8216a-s3-dahua-hcvr8216a-s3-16-channel-1080p-1u-digital-video-recorder-dhi-hcvr8216a-s3-without-logo
The basic model number system that Dahua uses is something this:
HCVR8216A where the 8 is the series, the 2nd number refers to HD capacity, and the last two numbers reference the number of channels. But of course with the Tribrids that simply means how many CVI channels. The one linked above can do 64 IP cams in addition to 16 CVI cams.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the tribrid NVR's like you see on Security Camera King legit? I currently have an older analog DVR I bought from security camera king many years ago I would like to upgrade but at the same time not have to replace all my cameras at once. The 16 channel Tribrid el16c unit to me looks like it will do a total of 32 channels. 16 CCTV/cvi as well as 16 ip. I think the limiting factor it the recording rate of 1920x1080 and no 3-4 or 5 mp.
Can anyone give me thoughts. Looks like everything I am looking for to use some existing cameras and coax but have the flexibility to add some IP cameras where I may already have network switches and UBNT stations for my remote shop.
They are rock solid, I have a few of them running for over 3 years with ZERO issues. The hdcvi cams are 2 mp and very good for my applications. I cannot remember but you might be limited to how many IP cameras you can Install on them.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are rock solid, I have a few of them running for over 3 years with ZERO issues. The hdcvi cams are 2 mp and very good for my applications. I cannot remember but you might be limited to how many IP cameras you can Install on them.

Good to know, what model are you using? I'm thinking of maybe going with one of the ultra models. I think they do Both HD over coax and IP. The CVI camera are cheap enough I'll just ditch the analog cameras and replace them.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Good to know, what model are you using? I'm thinking of maybe going with one of the ultra models. I think they do Both HD over coax and IP. The CVI camera are cheap enough I'll just ditch the analog cameras and replace them.
Dahua DHI-HCVR7816S have one in the 32 channel model too, these are the older versions.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua DHI-HCVR7816S have one in the 32 channel model too, these are the older versions.
I think the ones they are trying to sell at Security camera king for $900+ must be the older ones too

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the ones they are trying to sell at Security camera king for $900+ must be the older ones too
I put the 32 channels in late 2013 and the 16 in 2014 and both units have been awesome. I have everything from older lorax to hdcvi to 3 mp Dahua bullets running fine 24/7 The 32 channel has three 4 gig purples running in it with room for 3 more. As a caveat all the ip and hdcvi cams are dahua so I could not tell you about other ip cams with this system but it is suppose to be onivf compliant.