Trick or Treat Car Burglars -- November 1, 2023

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighborhood is slowly, but increasingly faster, going to hell. Too many renters moving in and the area is 55 to 60 years old.

On a side note, this DAV to MP4 conversion process stinks on night time videos! I can play a DAV video right next to the converted MP4 video and it's quite obvious the blacks just aren't dark and crisp. So here's an MP4 car burglary video. I'll watch the DAV video on my computer. :screwy:

20231101_015104_ch6.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Young cockroaches.
You know what would be great? Next year sit out in a lawn chair near your porch where they can see you from the sidewalk. Be part of a Halloween display so they think you're not real.
Be real still.
After the door checking wait until they start passing by.
When thy're as close as they'll get sit straight up and sound one of those compressed air portable boat horns.
Then post the video here so we can all guess which of the little bastids jumped the highest and which one crapped in their pants! :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This shows what we have said many times - motion activated lights are not a deterrence.

They didn't even flinch going up to that truck when the lights came on.

Watch this video someone posted and how the floodlight comes on and they don't even flinch. But then the audio comes on and they don't know which way to run LOL.

Just keep the lights on all night and hope the brightness causes them to move on for a darker environment.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which camera is this? Looks great

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@StevenFromTexas - you should be able to download/export clips from the NVR in MP4 format?
1699219650434.png

If not You should install SmartPSS, it gives you a choice of MP4 also and is way better to use than the NVR interface,
Good heavens! I haven't been looking at anything on that pop-up except the O.K. button. :banghead: :oops::rolleyes::wtf::wow:

What a difference that makes for the video. I just saved it in the MP4 format to begin with instead of doing a DAV to MP4 conversion later like I did for the YouTube video. Now I can start posting better night time videos. Many thanks, bigredfish, for politely informing me that I am blind and need to get my eyes checked. :D

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This shows what we have said many times - motion activated lights are not a deterrence.

Watch this video someone posted and how the floodlight comes on and they don't even flinch. But then the audio comes on and they don't know which way to run LOL.

Just keep the lights on all night and hope the brightness causes them to move on for a darker environment.
I've tried repeatedly to get both of my next door neighbors to just leave their lights on at night and quit the motion on/off silliness. Now my neighbor across the street from me allowed me to supply him with a lifetime supply of bright LED daylight bulbs to use over his garage and agree to keep the garage lights on at night. He's been happy with the videos I have supplied him since then.

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which camera is this? Looks great
That camera is IPC-T5442T-ZEB (IPC-T5442T-ZE is the white model). I've got six of them in use at this time; four of the black ones outside the house and two of the white ones inside the house. The current updated camera version would be IPC-T54IR-ZEB S3 ( IPC-T54IR-ZE S3 is the white model). You would want to purchase the updated camera version. It is an excellent camera and one of the top picks.

As far as the video I posted at the start of this topic, let's just say that wasn't the best video posted on YouTube due to user error. The user error was me. :banghead:

Last edited:

SodFather09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Lmao how do you do that announcement?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lmao how do you do that announcement?
One way is a camera with a speaker (although it won't be as loud)

Another way is a camera with an audio out cable and you attach an amplified speaker to it.

Another way is with an NVR and connecting an amplified speaker to it.