tried everything

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New NVR from Andy everything is working great except email/alerts notifications . I have the Nvr connected into router. Pinged nvr on network and all is good. Old nvr no issues with gmail account notifications set up (not set up on 2 tier authentication). Used same gmail account test failed, set up new gmail account with and without 2 tier passcode authentication no go. Created new gmail account new password test failed, tried new account with 2 tier authentication per wiki and test failed. User, sender, and receiver are the same with 1 additional receiver. Tried different ports 587, 465 ect test failed. During set up I changer new nvr ip to match old crashed nvr. 192.168.1.2xx. I am able to access nvr from any computer on my network. I can access my nvr and cameras using IE. I get push notifications using easy viewer. I did not enable p2p during the set up, only after the fact to get easy viewer on mobile device. problem existed prior to enabling p2p. Could this issue be somewhere in my router settings its a netgear r6400. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could be that the newer NVR is being recognized as potential bot by gmail whereas the previous one was not.

Go into GMAIL and set up an app password for the NVR and then it should work.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did set up an app password in both the old and new gmail accounts gave me the 16 letter password entered that into nvr no luck tried the 16 letter password with no spaces and spaces still failed. do you know if the app password needs the spaces between xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no spaces.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW - I just did a copy/paste and it worked. Try that if you haven't.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no joy thanks for the info . i ordered a new power supply for the old nvr hoping i can get it to fire up and check the settings compared to what i have in the new one.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
New NVR from Andy everything is working great except email/alerts notifications . I have the Nvr connected into router. Pinged nvr on network and all is good. Old nvr no issues with gmail account notifications set up (not set up on 2 tier authentication). Used same gmail account test failed, set up new gmail account with and without 2 tier passcode authentication no go. Created new gmail account new password test failed, tried new account with 2 tier authentication per wiki and test failed. User, sender, and receiver are the same with 1 additional receiver. Tried different ports 587, 465 ect test failed. During set up I changer new nvr ip to match old crashed nvr. 192.168.1.2xx. I am able to access nvr from any computer on my network. I can access my nvr and cameras using IE. I get push notifications using easy viewer. I did not enable p2p during the set up, only after the fact to get easy viewer on mobile device. problem existed prior to enabling p2p. Could this issue be somewhere in my router settings its a netgear r6400. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks
I just noticed the smtp address is wrong…

smpt.gmail.com

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WOW again Big Red for the win. Thanks Big Red and everyone else who had input. I changed the smpt to smtp and like magic email successful. I have to slow down and triple check my input as I suffer from fat finger key board strokes.