Trigger/Alert clip timing issues

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I record 24/7; however, I have a cloned camera setup to push a video clip of alerts. This records when alerted.

Alerts set when camera triggered and also re-triggers

Make is 0.1 (I've got Deepstacks filtering out garbage motion)
Pre-trigger is 6.0
Break - End trigger within 4.0; Maximum trigger duration 10.0

Depending on the camera I adjust my pre-trigger/end trigger split but leave the maximum duration at 10 seconds. The intent is to always create a 10 second clip of the qualified motion event but change how much pre-trigger buffer based on the location. For example, the front door I have my motion set to entering my porch but I want to see the person all the way up the walk/lawn vs just up my steps. I don't want clips longer than 10 seconds as I'm pushing these as Telegram messages

What I seem to be getting is a minimum 10 second clip that can overrun. For instance I have clips yesterday at 14 and 15 seconds I assume because motion re-triggered within 4 seconds.

How do I make the clips a maximum of 10 seconds and minimum 6 seconds (ie only pretrigger buffer)? Is it is as simple as eliminating the alert on re-triggers?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Realize that it isn't really a "clip" as in it is not a separate file; rather, it is simply a pointer to the BVR file. There is only one file.

But yes, you would want to turn off the re-trigger if you want to keep it to 10 seconds.

Personally I like the retrigger as it makes scrubbing the clips a lot faster. If I notice a clip has a longer duration than the others, it means there was something going on I should look at.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Realize that it isn't really a "clip" as in it is not a separate file; rather, it is simply a pointer to the BVR file. There is only one file.

But yes, you would want to turn off the re-trigger if you want to keep it to 10 seconds.

Personally I like the retrigger as it makes scrubbing the clips a lot faster. If I notice a clip has a longer duration than the others, it means there was something going on I should look at.
Ok thanks. In my case I believe it is a separate file. I have one camera recording 24/7 a clone of this recording only on motion trigger to a different file.

The telegram alerts are a first pass, something happened that was qualified by deep stacks. Then we'd review our continuous recording if needed. Those recordings are broken into 1 hour chunks to keep it easy to scrub