IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

Trigger blue iris with IVS?

NOAMattD

n3wb
Reaction score
The North Face - I'd be interested. I'm on a tight budget and I just started with my first camera, a 5231R-ZE, and am using Surveillance Station on my existing Synology for the time being. So far I haven't been satisfied with the motion detection on SS, and while the camera's native detection seems to work better I still get a lot of useless events and false positives. I'm working on dialing it in but it would be cool to have the option to use the IVS events to trigger recording. I was once a semblance of a developer so I should be able to get it working if I can find the time. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
@NOAMattD I’ll get it uploaded to GitHub. Since my last post in the thread I have got push notifications to work as well, but the push is on External Event and it’s not linked to a recording like Motion detection is. Works pretty good though.

Beware that I’ll likely not write documentation due to lack of time, but you’re welcome to contribute to the github!

NOAMattD

n3wb
Reaction score
@NOAMattD I’ll get it uploaded to GitHub. Since my last post in the thread I have got push notifications to work as well, but the push is on External Event and it’s not linked to a recording like Motion detection is. Works pretty good though.

Beware that I’ll likely not write documentation due to lack of time, but you’re welcome to contribute to the github!
Yeah it seems like those who have gotten Hikvision smart events working do it through external events as well. SS lets you set notifications for those though so it shouldn't be a big issue. I record 24/7 anyways so I'm just looking for alerts/snapshots. I'll be happy to contribute if & when I have anything of value to add :)

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like those who have gotten Hikvision smart events working do it through external events as well. SS lets you set notifications for those though so it shouldn't be a big issue. I record 24/7 anyways so I'm just looking for alerts/snapshots. I'll be happy to contribute if & when I have anything of value to add :)
Phew. Eventually I got around to do the GitHub upload: AblazeWoland/dahua-ivs-watcher