Trigger command on alert - Dahua TIOC illuminate light

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Soo many people claim Reolink is a special brand that make their own cameras.
The answer is no.... they're from the cheap manufacture Ray Sharp.

Someone show The Hook Up that Uniden cameras down under are the same as Reolink cameras.
1688535147175.png

Do you have any photos/video of this TiOC camera?
I'm judging whether it's worth the TiOC range.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sure. I'll post some video from the camera when I get home.
What do you mean by whether is worth the TiOC range?
I want the TIOC in my system, but the 4k quality for the 1/2.8" cmos imaging sensor means video would likely be awful at night.

Example in this review:

I've seen a few of these TiOC cameras in use around, and videos from local media show these are a decent deterrent.
Getting a good capture of someone's face or a vehicle number plate is a lost cause now days, teenagers committing crimes tend to steal a car and cover their faces anyway.
When police catch them they just get home detention. Far better idea to scare them off in the first place.

If I do go for another camera, it would mean having to wire up external lights/siren somewhere without it looking an eyesore.

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
What would be a good Dahua TiOC model alternative ? (not necessarily a 8MP)

Thanks,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What would be a good Dahua TiOC model alternative ? (not necessarily a 8MP)

Thanks,
The red/blue flashing lights are more gimmicky and are certainly not a deterrent. With any ambient light you won't see the red/blue flashing unless you are looking right at the camera.

If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them. I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside.

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer! I know that running for MPs is a known mistake, but is 2MP still a good investment? I would think that a good MP/sensor ratio with 4MP should be the minimum, for a "long term" approach ?
I know that these leds are not very impressive, but as you said, in function of the environment, both light and sound could do the job. It helps to get more direct attention, in a silent environment, than a notification on a smartphone that we could miss. (other lights will be automated btw)
I'll check both IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV , IPC-T5241H-AS-PV, thanks !

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer! I know that running for MPs is a known mistake, but is 2MP still a good investment? I would think that a good MP/sensor ratio with 4MP should be the minimum, for a "long term" approach ?
I know that these leds are not very impressive, but as you said, in function of the environment, both light and sound could do the job. It helps to get more direct attention, in a silent environment, than a notification on a smartphone that we could miss. (other lights will be automated btw)
I'll check both IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV , IPC-T5241H-AS-PV, thanks !
Unless one just came out, there isn't a 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor TIOC, so 2MP would be the better investment, especially at night. 4MP on the same size sensor as 2MP would need double the light.

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
The other reason why I'd like to opt for a TiOC is the arming/disarming functionality

1694158765053.png

Is there someone using this functionality ? Is this functionality, when used directly on DVR, working with non TiOC models ?

This is a very usefull functionality. Either with the alarm port, or using the API, I would like to synch the arming/disarming state with my home-security (alarm) system. (Technically speaking, everything is "ready" on my side - home automation system already receives my alarm system status).
But it's still unclear which models are compatible with this behavior. The goal is to avoid notifcations when we're home.

Thanks

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I certainly know from my new TiOC that the API arming/disarming works.
Someone has already created a plugin with Home Assistant to use this.

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you clarify what's less clear (for the ones who have not yet all the materials to make some tests : DVR, TiOC) :
I've actually multiple questions that come in mind, after having seen these demo on youtube, it's clear that it looks a great functionality, but naturally, these video shows the "perfect" configuration, with the most recent (TiOC) camera. It's unclear what we can expect with an hybrid range of camera, as 99% of us have.
Is the arming/disarming state "global" or managed per camera ?
The arming disarming API call is made to you NVR (?), which then update the arm/disarming state of each camera ? What's the behavior of non TiOCs ?
I'm also wondering the behavior of the mobile notifications. Cause that's my first goal : reduce the amount of notification that I trigger myself...
Sorry if you already shared this interesting automation somewhere, didn't see it yet.

A.

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you clarify what's less clear (for the ones who have not yet all the materials to make some tests : DVR, TiOC) :
I've actually multiple questions that come in mind, after having seen these demo on youtube, it's clear that it looks a great functionality, but naturally, it's unclear what we can expect with an hybrid range of camera, as 99% of us have.
The arming disarming API call is made to you NVR (?), which then update the arm/disarming state of each camera ? What's the behavior of non TiOCs ?
I'm also wondering the behavior of the mobile notifications. Cause that's my first goal : reduce the amount of notification that I trigger myself...
Sorry if you already shared this interesting automation somewhere, didn't see it yet.

A.
I don't know yet about the NVR with TiOC. I need to update the firmware on my NVR to give me the TiOC arming/disarming function.
I only have one TiOC camera, my guess is that the NVR does a multicast request to all cameras for arming/disarming.
Arming/disarming in DMSS is selecting the device (NVR) and a toggle to arm/disarm.
I don't have any non-TiOC cameras with firmware new enough to potentially have the arming/disarming protocol with them. The Home Assistant plugin recognises those cameras do not have arming/disarming.

I am still yet to test through the TiOC camera before installation. I've had it for less than 48 hours so far.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I click on that link and it shows I can get them in 2 days.

And it has the ability to arm and disarm as well.
Yep, I queried this with Andy, and Amazon.com does still have stock.
But get'em quick.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've actually multiple questions that come in mind, after having seen these demo on youtube, it's clear that it looks a great functionality, but naturally, these video shows the "perfect" configuration, with the most recent (TiOC) camera. It's unclear what we can expect with an hybrid range of camera, as 99% of us have.

A.
This is the NVR which the latest firmware showing the arming/disarming bell.
1696663552906.png1696663602967.png

Now in ALARM menu is the arming/disarming on the NVR:
The setting's box selects which cameras arm/disarm by the NVR's arm/disarm bell (and mobile app).
1696663653057.png

In alarm in-port there is option to select which alarm input arms/disarms.
1696663802280.png