Trigger Icon

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed that possibly upgrading to the latest version, on each camera the red warning triangle is showing. If you simply single clikc onto each camera, the triangle vanishes. Has anybody else experienced this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed that possibly upgrading to the latest version, on each camera the red warning triangle is showing. If you simply single clikc onto each camera, the triangle vanishes. Has anybody else experienced this?
The icon indicates a trigger state. Are you saying that it appears even when the camera is not being triggered?

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The icon indicates a trigger state. Are you saying that it appears even when the camera is not being triggered?
I'm not sure - I'd need to check.

I suspect what might be happening is that the software has correctly sensed motion and the trigger icon is staying on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure - I'd need to check.

I suspect what might be happening is that the software has correctly sensed motion and the trigger icon is staying on.
The icon will stay on as long as the camera is in a trigger state, so if your trigger end time is 30 seconds it will stay on for 30 seconds even of no other trigger event is present.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The icon will stay on as long as the camera is in a trigger state, so if your trigger end time is 30 seconds it will stay on for 30 seconds even of no other trigger event is present.
Yep. A camera has just gone into trigger state now. Let's see how long it stays on for.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep. A camera has just gone into trigger state now. Let's see how long it stays on for.
The break time is 15 seconds and even after motion has ceased and the 15 seconds has elapsed, the trigger icon is still on. If I click onto the camera, the trigger icon goes away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The break time is 15 seconds and even after motion has ceased and the 15 seconds has elapsed, the trigger icon is still on. If I click onto the camera, the trigger icon goes away.
There may have been another trigger during the 15 second break time. I dont know why it would stop when clicking on the camera. Do you have BI set to put a red boarder around the camera when recording? if so does that go away too?
Is the triangle next to the red circular record icon?

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There may have been another trigger during the 15 second break time. I dont know why it would stop when clicking on the camera. Do you have BI set to put a red boarder around the camera when recording? if so does that go away too?
Is the triangle next to the red circular record icon?
1. I do not think there has been another trigger.
2. Yes, there is a red border around the camera when it records and this goes away when recording ceases.
3. Yes, the triangle is to the left of the red circular record icon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1. I do not think there has been another trigger.
2. Yes, there is a red border around the camera when it records and this goes away when recording ceases.
3. Yes, the triangle is to the left of the red circular record icon.
I see the same issue. Send an email to support.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got a response back from Ken which states:

The trigger icon remains on until you either click on the video window, or view any recording form the camera. This may be done from the PC console or the client app on iOS/Android, or a web browser. The status of the trigger is remembered per-user.