Trigger off another camera?

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a front porch camera that has triggered and sent alerts without fail for years. A few weeks ago I installed a doorbell camera (where the doormat is located) and the IR from the doorbell sets off alarms and alerts on my front porch camera ALL.NIGHT.LONG. I'm talking every two minutes. I've tried to narrow the zones and hotspots on the front porch camera but by the time it's outside the doorbell IR it's pretty much useless.

So I thought... Why not set up the zones and hotspots on the doorbell camera and then "sync" the front porch camera with the doorbell? Sounds foolproof, right?

Front porch BEFORE doorbell install

Front porch AFTER doorbell install

Now that I'm syncing with the doorbell camera, the front porch doesn't sent any alerts at all. Is there some trick to syncing with another camera?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm assuming the doorbell is streaming to BI also.
Have you tried creating a group that consists of the door bell cam and the front porch cam only and then on each cam's "trigger" tab check the box for "trigger camera groups" and in the adjacent drop-down menu select that new group and click on "OK" ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try not using hotspot?

Do you have a group created with these two cameras in it?

In the alerts tab, make sure you have group checked.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you both. Yes they are both streaming in BI but I don't have any groups set up. I'll set them up in their own group and see how that goes!