Trigger question

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the amount of time a recording continues after the initial trigger? I’m not sure which setting controls this if any. Also, I get hundreds of emails daily due to the way I have the alerts setup n four cameras. Is here a way to reduce this and still get important triggers? I'm sure it has to do with how I have the trigger set currently. I've read where the "Hot Spot" doesn't work.

Thanks

Attachments

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the amount of time a recording continues after the initial trigger?
Motion/Trigger tab > End trigger unless re-trigger... change to the number of seconds you want triggered recordings to last

Also, I get hundreds of emails daily due to the way I have the alerts setup n four cameras. Is here a way to reduce this and still get important triggers? I'm sure it has to do with how I have the trigger set currently. I've read where the "Hot Spot" doesn't work.
Motion/Trigger tab > Object detect/reject - Although this option is often recommended to be disabled, I find it very useful for my setup. It will limit the amount of triggers you receive, since it will not trigger motion unless it meets a motion pattern. At the same time it can also hinder the ability to trigger important motion. Otherwise, you have to play with your motion settings and lower the sensitivity. It's a matter of finding a balance.