Trigger recording and notifications separately on the same camera..

Reaction score
Hey all, i have my camera pointed at my front yard, i would like to have the camera trigger to record when someone walks past my yard, but only notify me (via push through BI android app) if someone enters my yard, i am sure this is a simple configuration, i just cant figure it out... i am aware of hotspot and masks, i just dont see how i can create 2 different rules.

Currently it notifies me every time someone walks past, and it's quite excessive.

(i am running the latest BI4 and a 2032 cam)

Reaction score
so i just had a brainwave and just duplicated my camera and hid it, and set that duplicated hidden camera to mask the area i wanted and set it to manual record and then removed the notifications from the main camera.. we'll see how this works, but i would still like to know the proper way to do this as i am sure there is one

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe you need to create a copy of the same camera. The first camera can do the recording as you want and the second can be setup just for the alerts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, i have my camera pointed at my front yard, i would like to have the camera trigger to record when someone walks past my yard, but only notify me (via push through BI android app) if someone enters my yard, i am sure this is a simple configuration, i just cant figure it out... i am aware of hotspot and masks, i just dont see how i can create 2 different rules.

Currently it notifies me every time someone walks past, and it's quite excessive.

(i am running the latest BI4 and a 2032 cam)
Welcome to the forum...At this time the only way to do this is to create a second camera in blue iris (using the same info as the yard camera, but simply call it yard camera alerts)..do not record the second camera..simply set the alerts and use the mask and or increase the detection thresholds. Disable alerts for the yard camera. Blue iris will only pull a single stream from your camera....this will not impact your cpu consumption. To avoid having two duplicate cameras on the screen, simply hide the camera (camera properties>general) make sure show hidden cameras is unchecked (right click anywhere in the live view screen)...
EDIT: i see your second post..yes this is the proper way..make sure you entered the proper password in the duplicate camera..since blue iris pulls a single stream, as long as the first camera that connects has a proper password it will display in both, however, if you reboot and the cloned camera tries to connect first, you will not get an image on any, therefore its important that the user name and password are correct on both.

Reaction score
thanks all, i just did an export of my current camera, made a new fake camera, and then did an import of the same reg file, then made it manual recording, change the mask, and added the alerts.. seems to have worked well, i guess i'll know in about an hour when my son gets home from school.

Thanks again