"Trigger using camera's digital input or motion" only works twice

CPEng

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just setup a BI server with a Foscam C1. The C1 has a PIR sensor so I wanted to use that for motion, but when I set BI trigger on motion it only works exactly two times. To get it to work again for two times I can turn on-off trigger settings in BI camera properties, then it will work exactly two times again. I believe it's a BI bug because I don't have to touch the camera settings or reboot it to get it to work again, I can also view the alarm status of the camera through its own configuration webpage and it cycles alarm on and off as it should when BI isn't seeing it after the initial first two times.

If I use BI to do motion detection it works as it should will handle multiple alerts.

Does anyone have an idea of what happening? I can reproduce it easily and the consistency of it makes me think it is a simple bug.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just setup a BI server with a Foscam C1. The C1 has a PIR sensor so I wanted to use that for motion, but when I set BI trigger on motion it only works exactly two times. To get it to work again for two times I can turn on-off trigger settings in BI camera properties, then it will work exactly two times again. I believe it's a BI bug because I don't have to touch the camera settings or reboot it to get it to work again, I can also view the alarm status of the camera through its own configuration webpage and it cycles alarm on and off as it should when BI isn't seeing it after the initial first two times.

If I use BI to do motion detection it works as it should will handle multiple alerts.

Does anyone have an idea of what happening? I can reproduce it easily and the consistency of it makes me think it is a simple bug.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum, if that is the case, email support...

CPEng

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman,

Thanks for the input, I just sent an email off to support.