Triggered alert clip, not sure why

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have alert triggers sometimes where I can't figure out why it triggered. For example, the latest alert when run through using "Test run video through motion detector" doesn't show any pixel movement indications, sensing or triggered states. The clip does indicate bright sun coming back out from behind a cloud. How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It must be the shadows causing this. I get the same in the afternoon son on my front driveway, both cameras record a clip when a shadow appears across 2 zones.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I agree, I'd like to make some adjustments with the trigger settings but I can't why it's triggering in the first place.

I must be doing something wrong when I try and play the clip using the motion detector settings. I'm just double-clicking the clip and opening it. I then set the check mark for using the motion detector and then playing the clip.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, I'd like to make some adjustments with the trigger settings but I can't why it's triggering in the first place.

I must be doing something wrong when I try and play the clip using the motion detector settings. I'm just double-clicking the clip and opening it. I then set the check mark for using the motion detector and then playing the clip.
You need to start playing the clip at least 20-30 sec prior to the motion event.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You need to start playing the clip at least 20-30 sec prior to the motion event.
Thanks @looney2ns... Can I just increase my pre-trigger amount to 30 seconds temporarily so I can be sure to have enough during testing or is there a better way?