Triggers with new zones/sources

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve tried out the Alert_When_“Triggers with new zones/sources” is selected instead of “New triggers only”, the reason being that the current version of CPAI still occasionally erroneously reports “Nothing found” and I thought that, when viewing confirmed alerts only, selecting this function would give the AI two bites at the cherry. However, with my settings it is useless because the second (new zone) trigger appears to again apply the pre-trigger record time. This means that the analysis doesn’t start until the pre-trigger has ended (5 seconds with my settings). So, although still in a triggered state, a second trigger is captured by BI, but the analysis starts too late for a required fast moving object and the AI reports Nothing Found. I don’t want to use large AI models.

Have I overlooked something?

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
use a clone of the camera in question to monitor the other zone.... This will make the primary camera trigger null for what is going on with the clone camera. This will allow it to record both events at the same time

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve tried out the Alert_When_“Triggers with new zones/sources” is selected instead of “New triggers only”, the reason being that the current version of CPAI still occasionally erroneously reports “Nothing found” and I thought that, when viewing confirmed alerts only, selecting this function would give the AI two bites at the cherry. However, with my settings it is useless because the second (new zone) trigger appears to again apply the pre-trigger record time. This means that the analysis doesn’t start until the pre-trigger has ended (5 seconds with my settings). So, although still in a triggered state, a second trigger is captured by BI, but the analysis starts too late for a required fast moving object and the AI reports Nothing Found. I don’t want to use large AI models.

Have I overlooked something?
You may also want to first experiment with the checkbox for "start analysis upon motion detection" (or words to that effect, I'm not in front of my B.I. machine right now). Otherwise, it WILL only start upon a trigger in the appropriate zone, which may be too late.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
use a clone of the camera in question to monitor the other zone.... This will make the primary camera trigger null for what is going on with the clone camera. This will allow it to record both events at the same time
Yes kaltetod, I guess a clone could be configured to do the same thing. Thank you. I would still ask, though, is there any point in having “Triggers with new zones/sources” for a camera already in a triggered state if the pre-trigger time blocks the AI?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You may also want to first experiment with the checkbox for "start analysis upon motion detection" (or words to that effect, I'm not in front of my B.I. machine right now). Otherwise, it WILL only start upon a trigger in the appropriate zone, which may be too late.
Thanks for the idea jrbeddow although I have previously tried checking “Begin analysis with motion-leading image” and it didn’t seem to overcome the fundamental limitation of restating the pre-trigger time. I’ll check again.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes kaltetod, I guess a clone could be configured to do the same thing. Thank you. I would still ask, though, is there any point in having “Triggers with new zones/sources” for a camera already in a triggered state if the pre-trigger time blocks the AI?

I am not sure how the feature is supposed to work I suppose I will have to try and configure a camera to use it so I have a better understanding of how it should work. Have you checked the BI documentation to see what it says about the subject?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not sure how the feature is supposed to work I suppose I will have to try and configure a camera to use it so I have a better understanding of how it should work. Have you checked the BI documentation to see what it says about the subject?
I’ll be interested to see how you get on with this feature kaltertod. I did check out BI’s help file but it didn’t help me. I was hoping that fenderman would take a moment to reply - he knows everything!