Trip wire only option

Pocono Joe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I open Setup then Event then IVS the only option under Rule Type is Tripwire.. Shouldn't there be more options?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When I open Setup then Event then IVS the only option under Rule Type is Tripwire.. Shouldn't there be more options?
It might help if you tell us:
- which camera you got
- which firmware it carries
- how you are accessing "setup" -> browser (which one), Configtool, SmartPSS, ...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
With my 4mp chinese market cameras, tripwire is the only option. On the 2mp starlights, there are multiple choices. I never even noticed this difference before, probably because I use only tripwire. I suspect it's a firmware version issue, since there IMO would not be any hardware differences to support the additional IVS types. As per above, best to post camera model and firmware version.

Pocono Joe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameras: IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
Where do I find Firmware Version?
Accessing Setup with IE 11 and Web Service

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Find the firmware version by going to setting/information/version. I'm using more than one firmware version in the 2mp starlights: 2.640.0000002.0.R and 2.622.0000000.23.R. They both give IVS choices of Tripwire, Intrusion, Abandoned Object, and Missing Object.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed 2 cameras from Andy ( he is great) buttt Under event IVS, there is nothing there screen is blankIVS.JPG Version.JPG

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cameras are HDBW4231F-AS and a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It only shows the Version for the NVR not the individual cameras..
Sorry, I was wrongly assuming you were logged into the camera. I'd like to tell you if the NVR's web GUI shows the IVS options. but lately it shows only a blank page for IVS configuration. Two weeks ago it worked fine, and I didn't change anything I'm aware of. Similar to what drewgost is reporting, just on the NVR GUI instead of the camera GUI.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, I was wrongly assuming you were logged into the camera. I'd like to tell you if the NVR's web GUI shows the IVS options. but lately it shows only a blank page for IVS configuration. Two weeks ago it worked fine, and I didn't change anything I'm aware of. Similar to what drewgost is reporting, just on the NVR GUI instead of the camera GUI.
Yes that is correct my NVR allows me to set up IVS, not directly on camera 'WEB SERVICE'