Tripwire -and -or

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's something in any software for IPCams where you can you use commands like "And" and "Or" or similar outcome.

I mean if you have two or more tripwires in the picture and you may want to prevent false alarm, it may be good to make a rule, that you have to cross two or three lines to trigger an alarm.

Is there a programming mode in any software where you can make conditions lika that?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
sad :( That would be very useful for eliminating false triggers by orders of magnitude. probably takes too much memory on the dsp that it doesn't have though.

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm very new into Ipcams and know nothing about intelligent analyze of pictures/videos but what I understand there are external/internal software for that.
Built in cameras and computers and NVRs?

If there is software that can analyze pictures/videos, then there must be a chance to implement more function in future firmwares.

But even better, would probably be, to have the software in computers and NVRs where many cams are connected, then you could make conditions from IVS rules from many cameras to fit your purpose.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes it is possible, if your camera has digital IO (alarm inputs) you could use a Arduino or similar to do logic. or go old school and use relays and capacitors to create the open circuit to trip the alarm input, depending on your goal the Arduino will do what you ask but may be a bit of a learning curve.

if you used a pressure pad or ir beam and a IR detector both devices are N/C and N/O in the alarm condition so both devices connected in parallel with create a N/O circuit and trip the Digital IO with no need for any code.

Hope it helps

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
run BlueIris if you want more advanced Video Analytics than what the camera can handle..
All right, I thought when you wrote "no" in the second message that, that kind of software didn't exist anywhere :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BlueIris wont work with IVS on the camera; it has no tripwire and wont read the cameras tripwire.. but it has alot more options that can be tweaked to reduce false alarms than you'll ever find on a camera.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
neverever,

What you asked for, literally, isn't available.
But practically, there may be a solution.

If one tripwire is crossed, IVS can result in a push notification to your phone.
Cross multiple tripwires, get multiple push notifications.
Each push notice creates a sound on the phone.

When I hear the sound of one push notice, it's a false alarm.
When I hear 3 to 5 tones it's from 2 or 3 cams. That's not a false alarm. Then I view remotely to see what's going on.

It's not what you requested, but it's practical and works.
YMMV

Fastb

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I asked in the IVS-thread if it possible to receive the "Rule Name", named by me, in the alarm log you get pushed or emailed to you but I haven't got an answer yet.

trip.PNG

The log emailed to me when I got an alarm:
"
&alarm_smtp.matter: &appEventCrossLineDetection&bkup_data.stop

&alarm_smtp.inchannel: 1

&alarm_smtp.stoptime: 11/02/2017 19:46:46

&alarm_smtp.devicename: (Deleted by me)

&com_str.alarminname:

&alarm_smtp.senderIP: 192.168.1.109 "

I wonder if the line "&com_str.alarminname: " could be modified so you get the "Rule Name"

With different names in the log file, for different trip wires, it would be a lot easier to calculate if it triggered by a false alarm or not.
And I guess a programmer could use that different information in the log file and write a program with conditions for your needs...

Anyway it is not important to me but I'm just curious, it's like settings, can you change them then you have to try it.
I remember one time at hotel in Thailand, they had a public computer for use for the guests.
They had put up a big sign above the computer:
"Don't change the computer password"
I never would I have come up with that idea myself :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like your missing a bunch of translations; but no we cant make any changes to the mail message.. you get what you get and thats it.

ANILE8

n3wb
Reaction score
I have heard that Dahua's IVS smart features like tripwire are better than BI smart features for motion detection, as there is no setting for tripwire in BI.

If you were starting out buying IP cams which would you go for or doesn't really matter? If you were thinking about smart detection and going to run a centralised server not a NVR.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have heard that Dahua's IVS smart features like tripwire are better than BI smart features for motion detection, as there is no setting for tripwire in BI.

If you were starting out buying IP cams which would you go for or doesn't really matter? If you were thinking about smart detection and going to run a centralised server not a NVR.
I haven't tried the tripwire very much but I've got BI running zones on a camera outside and the only time I get a false alarm is sometimes on a real windy day. I know tripwire works similar, you have to leave plenty of space on both sides of the line, it probably works about the same.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The log emailed to me when I got an alarm:
"
&alarm_smtp.matter: &appEventCrossLineDetection&bkup_data.stop

&alarm_smtp.inchannel: 1

&alarm_smtp.stoptime: 11/02/2017 19:46:46

&alarm_smtp.devicename: (Deleted by me)

&com_str.alarminname:

&alarm_smtp.senderIP: 192.168.1.109 "

I wonder if the line "&com_str.alarminname: " could be modified so you get the "Rule Name"
Hmm, when I get emailed alarms, mine look like below, where the first line (Alarm Event) is the name I personally gave the rule.

Alarm Event: Tripwire
Alarm Input Channel: 1
Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 21/03/2017 06:34:21
Alarm Device Name: Garage
Alarm Name:
IP Address: 192.168.X.X