Tripwires --- ugh, I need help!

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you do a camera reboot every time you changed your IVS-settings. After all the good advice here above, I found out that I have to reboot my camera and wait some minutes after rebooting before the IVS really started working.

Also turned off the motion detection. Can you try this?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn't Dahua treat multiple active tripwire rules as an "OR" condition (no option to make it an "AND"), and thus the more you have the more false positives you will have? And if the target person, car or bright light spot moves slowly, you will get several triggers from the camera (good or bad). Having a few adjustments to balance FP and FN results is the key. I suck at getting this right.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't Dahua treat multiple active tripwire rules as an "OR" condition (no option to make it an "AND"), and thus the more you have the more false positives you will have? And if the target person, car or bright light spot moves slowly, you will get several triggers from the camera (good or bad). Having a few adjustments to balance FP and FN results is the key. I suck at getting this right.
Depends on your field of view and how far apart the IVS lines are. Mine trigger only once unless someone stops in between for longer than the motion break time I set.

If the camera has AI, then it shouldn't trigger from bright lights. The non-AI cameras can certainly have bright lights and light bounce cause triggers.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We're trying to do the Global Setup calibration, as many of you have suggested. I have 5 non-thermal cameras and 3 thermal cameras. The driveway cameras (DF1241N-D7F8) discussed in this thread are both thermal cameras , but they don't have the option to draw the calibration horizontal/vertical lines...? The 5 non-thermal cameras do have the option to draw the calibration horizontal/vertical lines.

Screenshot of the 3 thermal cameras:
1629990782280.png

Screenshot of the 5 non-thermal cameras:
1629991083512.png

On the phone with Dahua tech support to find out why?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you add the detection region option that is on the thermal camera but not the others? You may need to define that before the calibration portion shows up.

Did you try a different channel - each camera is a channel and maybe the thermal channel doesn't need calibration as it is thermal?

Good luck with Dahua support LOL

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We tried both Pale Moon and IE. The calibration doesn't show up on either. Tried adding the detection region as well, but still no calibration options. (still on with tech support)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And you tried the pull down for channel 1 and channel 2 and cannot get the calibration on either?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If Dahua cannot figure this out, given the field of view and intent for the thermal camera, what if you changed it out to another camera with AI like the 5442 series varifocal?

Based on my personal experiences with that series, as well as others here, I believe that the AI of that camera would get you the % that you are looking for.

The thermal really works well when a camera is looking out to a wooded area and at night a person walking around at distance would not be picked up visually until a lot closer.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a heads up.. we're making good progress at this. We don't have everything figured out 100% quite yet, but we're MUCH closer now, especially with the 3 thermal cameras. We (myself and my vendor) learned today with everyone's help here on this forum.

@wittaj Really owe you. You're a life saver.!!! :headbang:

Still don't have an answer when my 3 thermal cameras don't have calibration settings under the Global Setup, and L2 tech support person from Dahua never called/emailed us back as they said they would with an answer as to why, but we have a case # for them so we'll follow up as well. Regardless, IVS is working SO much better now. Just have to finalize a few bugs/tweaks but I'm feeling SO much more relieved now.

The most important thing we learned is, when you're troubleshooting not getting DMSS/alarm-relay notifications etc. when you're expecting them, actually looking at the "Live" views to see if the tripwires are triggering or not is huge, to detemine if it's actually an IVS issue or something else.. Because maybe they ARE working, and maybe the problem isn't the IVS, it's something else down the line as to why events are happening as you expect...

Breathing a bit of a sigh of relief tonight. I feel we're close. Won't have time to look at this much more until Tuesday or Wednesday next week, but will try to monitor things between now and then.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad I could help you out!

As I mentioned in the TeamViewer session, there are a few of the Dahua AI cams that are missing the global setup option, but then it is missing completely in the camera gui. Yours shows the tab, but not the calibration, but yours also shows a PTZ tab. so definitely some sort of firmware gui bug. I would be surprised if this model isn't intended to have it, but crazier things have happened with these cameras.

I think you are basically to a point now to monitor it the next couple of days and then make tweaks as you see necessary to accommodate day and night differences.

It makes me want to get a thermal camera now LOL.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after a ton of success with the tripwire, I had some contractors arrive this morning. This one arrived by itself (not with a stream of other vehicles). It didn't set the tripwire as far as I know because when I view the cameras playback (from the camera's IP itself) it's doesn't have a recording for it. There -should- be an static entry in here between #20 and #21 (where the red line is in the pic) at 7:13:00am (roughly) showing a truck coming up the driveway.

1630069316393.png

(I tried to save the video to a 30 second clip but, couldn't figure out how to download it from my browser, even though it said Download Complete (it generated the video obviously) -- but my browser doesn't actually show anything saved in its download history.
1630069761286.png <-- "Download complete"... it is?! lol.

So intent, for troubleshooting purposes, I manually took some pictures ind the truck coming up the driveway. Here are a couple of snapshots.
1630069489938.png

1630070079114.png

1630069669038.png

I wonder if it "lost" the truck in the second video because the trucks right tires started going out of the picture and maybe the box around the truck disappeared for a split second in that moment? I might need to aim the camera to the left a smidge?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but when viewing things LIVE you can see the boxes being drawn around an object, so you can see the object TRIP the tripwire, etc. But is there know way to view that SAME stuff once it's recorded so I could actually SEE what if it put a box around the object at all, etc. ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would have thought that would have been found. That has a higher thermal signature than when we were testing with yours yesterday. But yea, maybe a slight adjustment of the camera may help.

Go into the camera gui and see if the camera captured it on the SD card.

And yes, normally from the camera GUI, in playback mode you should be able to turn the IVS rules on to see why/when the IVS triggered, but that option was missing from your camera for some reason and we were using Explorer for logging into the camera GUI.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go into the camera gui and see if the camera captured it on the SD card.
Unless you mean something else, I think I did that already? This screenshot was taken directly from the camera GUI .. There -should- be an static entry in here between #20 and #21 (where the red line is in the pic) at 7:13:00am (roughly) showing a truck coming up the driveway.

1630071162090.png

I can make the slight adjustment on the camera to add in another 6-12" to the left.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
it seems that you are using 30min blocks ...
maybe lower it ,

you can download the whole block by clicking on the arrow.. if you are using internet explorer it should be stored under

c:/users/<your username>/webdownload/playbackrecord

the cut function in webinterface is a bit buggy...

ivsrules.PNG

this will show you the ivs rules like wittaj mention