trouble adding 1 more cam

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 5 Dahua camera right now on a double NIC set up and fed to a POE switch and everything works great. I want to add another Dahua camera that I just received from Andy. The problem I have it that I want to change the factory IP address so that I can add it to my system but I cant log in to IE or the toolbox to change this 1 cam. Bi doesn't recognize the cam either. Is there another way to change this IP address.
Thank you in advance, great site

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
That's because Dahua decided to assign each camera a static IP from the factory instead of letting them get assigned an IP address via DHCP.

Most Dahua cams default to 192.168.1.108 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0. So if your home network isn't 192.168.1.0 then you will have to temporarily change the network settings of another computer on your LAN to that network range so you can connect to the camera and configure it for your own network. For example, you can change the network adapter of a laptop to 192.168.1.5 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0. Then attach a network cable from the laptop to the new camera (you will need a PoE injector though). Log into the new camera from that laptop and configure the IP address you want for the camera (either dynamic or static for your network). After that, you can change the laptop back to the network settings you had before and plug the camera back into your LAN. You should then see it on the LAN.

Edit: You should also be able to do all of this from a computer on your LAN with the camera plugged into the PoE switch. Change the network settings of a single computer that is physically connected to the LAN as above (you will lose internet connectivity temporarily but that is ok) then connect to the camera. Once you have the camera configured with the appropriate network settings you can change the network settings back on said computer.

DahuaWiki

Last edited:

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
Just one problem with this is that my laptop wont accept a rj45 plug in , crappy laptop lol. any suggestions

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a physical computer connected to the LAN?

You may be able to do it wirelessly as well. I've never done it that way but I think it should work as well. Just connect to your AP but change the IP network settings as above.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is simply add a 192.168.1.xxx address to your laptop. Do that from Control Panel, Network and Internet, view network status and tasks, Change adapter settings, select the appropriate adapter and right click, select properties, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPV4), click on Properties, click on Advanced and add the 192.168.1.xxx address of your choice, but not 192.168.1.108. Save the setting as you exit. From your browser you will then be able to access the camera directly through its' web GUI.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easyist is to use the Dahua config tool. Read the instructions included, it can find and change ip address's on different subnets.