Trouble adding DVR to Blue Iris

Vader

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blue Iris set up with several IP cams. I recently got a great deal on a Swann 8 channel DVR system - DVR8-1575. I cannot get the cameras to show in Blue Iris. I can see the feed using the DVr itself, but not in BI. In BI I am getting I/O error: 0

I read in a different post that this DVR will work using the Swann DVR8-7200 profile. I know the DVR IP address. I believe I have all the port information entered correctly. I have the IP entered as 10.0.1.52:85 the RTSP port as 554 and onvif as 8000.

Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blue Iris set up with several IP cams. I recently got a great deal on a Swann 8 channel DVR system - DVR8-1575. I cannot get the cameras to show in Blue Iris. I can see the feed using the DVr itself, but not in BI. In BI I am getting I/O error: 0

I read in a different post that this DVR will work using the Swann DVR8-7200 profile. I know the DVR IP address. I believe I have all the port information entered correctly. I have the IP entered as 10.0.1.52:85 the RTSP port as 554 and onvif as 8000.

Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?
Vader, I googled your swann model and found where 'Darrylsm' wrote this in a reddit forum back in Dec. 2016:

"I just wanted to mention this in case it helps anyone else , Ive gotten swanns dvr8-1575 (walmart) model to work with Blue Iris . I used the NVR8-7200 rtsp template with the appropriate ports and info , and Blue Iris works like it should . I haven't found this info anywhere else . Hope it helps someone ."

Attached is a screenshot of my BI when I open up a new camera and select Swann and NVR8-7200 RTSP ( FYI, I don't have anything from Swann). Fill in your IP, user, password, etc. in the top green box. Don't forget the camera numbers in the red box; it corresponds to the BNC connector / Channel number where the cams are plugged in on the rear of the DVR. If you have 4 cams, you configure 4 of these each with a different number that jives with the BNC connector used.

Give it a shot!
TonyR

swann_022117.jpg

Vader

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I tried this and also the sticky on adding cams that aren't in BI. I still cant get it going. Any other ideas? does anyone have a screen shot from the setup page in BI for a working Swann DVR?