Trouble getting camera to pre record (10 seconds) and post record (10 seconds)

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my triggers setup for camera motion but for some reason i am barely getting any video.

Ideally I would like triggers to capture 10 seconds before the action & 10 seconds after the action.

I have the rigger set for most sensitive but still not getting a ton of hits.

Any advice would be great!

rich

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you pulling ONVIF triggers on the camera or strictly using BI motion detection?

Send some screen shots of your settings from Blue Iris for a camera in question - capturing pre and post motion are on two different tabs in the settings. Make time and zones and other parameters all play into it, so without seeing screen shots of your setup, nobody can really offer any advice.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a screen shot of the camera configuration in the camera, Frame rate, iframe, quality, format h.264 h.265 ?
Are you using q\hardware acceleration QuickSync in BI ?
What is your BU processor and memory ?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you pulling ONVIF triggers on the camera or strictly using BI motion detection?

Send some screen shots of your settings from Blue Iris for a camera in question - capturing pre and post motion are on two different tabs in the settings. Make time and zones and other parameters all play into it, so without seeing screen shots of your setup, nobody can really offer any advice.
I will get a screen shot once back in front of the server - is there some settings I should try? I did turn off object detection and that seems like it is grabbing a lot of stuff now.

Is there a way to make camera 1 to my liking, then apply those settings to the other cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Yes - you copy a camera when you add cameras in the setup of the other cameras - but each camera will have it's own tweaking as no two areas will be the same.