Trouble installing UI3 on desktop

Reaction score
Need some help installing UI3 on one of my desktop PCs running Windows 7 Pro. This is a separate computer in my office NOT containing my dedicated BI system.

I use ZeroTier, which is probably irrelevant at this point, but I've tried entering the LAN IP in my BI phone app (IP created by ZT) which works when I use UI3 on my Android phone, but fails to work on this PC since I don't think UI3 has successfully installed yet.

Steps I've taken:
From GitHub I downloaded the UI3 zip file, created a new folder c:\program files\blue iris 5\www, and tried to extract UI3-268 into it. It wanted to create a subfolder within www and I agreed. Nothing shows up in the www folder, no subfolder or files.
Next, I moved the UI3-268 zip into the www folder, then tried to unzip. Still nothing shows up.

It seems the unzip process isn't working, I must be doing something wrong and missing something basic about extracting. I was looking for an executable .exe within the zip container but don't see one.

Is UI3 compatible with Win 7 Pro?
Any advice?

Thank you.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you installed Blue Iris 5, UI3 is included. UI3 is not intended to be a separate install.

After installing Blue Iris 5, while on your home network, point your PC browser to http://<blueiris_pc_ip_address>:<port>/ui3.htm
***port is 81 unless you configured it differently

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, and I forgot to mention I'm using Firefox although I could also use Chrome or Pale Moon.

So UI3 (from GitHub) doesn't need to be loaded on the remote PC in my den, which is on the network?

ZeroTier assigns a new IP to the BI PC; for example, from my phone while on WiFi or not, the LAN and WAN addresses are much different than my in-home network 192.168.xx.yyy. When I use Firefox phone browser while on the home WiFi and enter the ZT IP address, UI3 will open, but not when I enter the network BI PC IP address.

I'll play with it more later and factor in what you both said.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, and I forgot to mention I'm using Firefox although I could also use Chrome or Pale Moon.
Use Chromium-based for best performance (Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc.)
So UI3 (from GitHub) doesn't need to be loaded on the remote PC in my den, which is on the network?
No. Open up a browser to the URL as mentioned above by @actran .

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you will also need to authorize access to the PC you're trying to "see" in Zerotier.

Reaction score
I haven't gone back to try again, been busy in retirement:). Not sure I can answer with a lot of tech background but here's what I've seen.

When I installed ZT I had to tell it what my "nodes" (devices) were, especially my BI PC. Part of ZTs security is reassigning that PC with another very random LAN and WAN address, not even close to the same subnet. Same with my phone. ZT converts their assigned IPs to access my 192.168.10.xxx BI PC. Even on WiFi at home my phone seems to need ZT to be on, which is not a big deal. I've gotten as far as adding my back room den PC as a node to ZT but now need to figure out which IP (probably LAN) I enter on that machine to access the BI PC and UI3. These are my observations so some of the more techy folks might be able to explain better.

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must admit that I'm not sure that ZT needs to be involved while on the same LAN. I was thinking that ZT was policing access to the PC and wouldn't let it through unless it was "ZT authorized". That may not be true while on the same LAN.

I do know, that even when local I use the ZT IP address and it works well. Makes it simple!