Trouble Setting up Escam QD500 snail in VMS or CMS

selkent1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using three of the Escam Snail cameras for a few years now without any problems. Initially with the CMS software and then i changed to the VMS software because i preferred the interface. All i had to do was double click on each cameras IP address and it would open and start recording. I then upgraded to windows 10 pro and still all was well.

However, i recently had to reinstall windows 10 and setting the cameras up in VMS went as before, without any problems. However i have a problem with them recording. I record to a seperate hard drive winthin my pc, and the drive and folder i want to record to are all specified with plenty of space available (4tb), but upon opening the monitor window and selecting each camera, even though i can view the live video, i have to manually click on the record icon, and as soon as i either select another camera or even touch anything else, they stop recording. And even when the icon shows that a particular camera is recording, there is no saved footage. All the while the live stream is fine. I changed the version of VMS and the results were still the same. I then reverted back to CMS and even though i could get it to record and view the recorded footage, the cameras would freeze. So there is obvioucly a problem with my settings, but i am unalbe to find what.

My ip addresses are as before and my TCP says it 34567 and the port being 80. Im not very experianced with cameras but i have chacked everything and am at a loss.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Phil

Longfield
Kent

selkent1

n3wb
Reaction score
Its also worth mentioning that nothing about the hardware has changed, and the version of windows is the same.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you re-install windows using the MS media creation tool, or a manufactures restore?
If you didn't use the Media creation tool, you should do it again with it.
Make sure you exempt any folders related to the vms from your antivirus.