Trouble with Email Alerts

Jethro95

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble with one cloned camera that will not send an alert email when triggered. I can confirm that it triggers and when I do the test of the alert it sends a test email. However, when I trigger it manually or it is triggered externally it does not work. Actually it did work once, but it was a good 10 minutes later when the email finally came through. Other than that one time, no email shows up in in the sent folder of the gmail account so I don't think it is getting that far through the process. What's frustrating is that I have another cloned camera with what I think are exactly the same settings that works every time. I have even deleted the camera and added a new one with the settings from the one that works then changed it to the IP of the one with the issue. What would be the best way to troubleshoot this? Is there a way to compare the two camera profiles in a text file or something? Or is it something to do with the fact that the camera with the trouble is higher in resolution?

Jethro95

n3wb
Reaction score
I switched the video input to the substream and it is working reliably. Strange but I'll take it and move on.