Trouble with recording H.265 to Blue Iris DVR direct-to-disc - H265 encoder missing

CamFlyerCH

n3wb
Reaction score
I use Blue Iris 5.3.1.6 w32 (10.8.2020) on a 32bit Windows 10.
I integrated now my first ONVIF 1080p cam with a H.265 stream. (H.264 is not available)

Everything works fine with the exception of the direct to disk recording. (Working are viewing, streaming, Motion Detection, sound from microphone, Snapshots or recording with re-encoding)
But when a recording should be performed (manually or triggered) I find then this message in the log: "Clip: H265 encoder missing" :rolleyes::(

Why does it not save the stream "as is" ? On my test (eval license) Install I tested the same cam (on the latest 64 bit version) without any problems.
Where lies now the issue ? Something not installed ? Version of BI ? 32 bit Windows ? Cam stream faulty ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dont use 32 bit reinstall windows clean using the media creation tool
you likely simply need the codec..https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm

CamFlyerCH

n3wb
Reaction score
dont use 32 bit reinstall windows clean using the media creation tool
you likely simply need the codec..https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm
No, I don't will mess around with this 8 years old PC and start with an new PC with an I5 - 10400 and with a Windows 10 Pro. Since the old CPU is also older and smaller as I suspected (i5 - 3450) with is also insufficient for 9x 1080 cameras with motion detection. Not the investment planed , but probably needed so the hardware acceleration of the new CPU can also help with video de- and encoding.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't will mess around with this 8 years old PC and start with an new PC with an I5 - 10400 and with a Windows 10 Pro. Since the old CPU is also older and smaller as I suspected (i5 - 3450) with is also insufficient for 9x 1080 cameras with motion detection. Not the investment planed , but probably needed so the hardware acceleration of the new CPU can also help with video de- and encoding.
The i5-3450 can EASILY run 9x1080 cameras. You need to read the wiki on optimizing your system and substreams. Spending money on a new system is a complete waste.