Trouble with two bullet cameras disconnecting from OOSSXX NVR after dark

shooter

n3wb
Reaction score
First the specs:
OOSSXX NVR Model K9608-W HW Version 2.1.0 running level 2.7.13.0_22322230 Operating System
(8 total) Bullet cameras all branded OOSSXX with the following FW levels
(2) 1.6.7.57301208
(4) 2.6.10.391806 (2.4.1)
(2) 2.3.1.57801008

I'm really struggling with this nagging issue I'm having where two of the wireless bullet cameras (the 2 underlined and bolded above) I have disconnect from the NVR every night after dark and refuse to connect at all until it's daylight. To make things stranger one of the cams reconnect in the morning by itself. The other needs to be power cycled in order for it to reconnect. I've compared all the camera settings to those that work correctly and there are no differences I can see in the configurations between the working cameras and the two with the issue. I've reset both cameras and reconfigured them again with no changes. I've updated the firmware on all 8 cams to the latest versions the NVR according to the NVR"s Camera FW updating utility.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue or have any recommendations as to what might cause this behavior to occur?

Thanks in advance

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Long shot but Ive had CVI cams in the past go dead after the IR kicked in due to a power problem. ie not enough power to run the IR which is what draws the most juice.

but yeah, wifi...

shooter

n3wb
Reaction score
Long shot but Ive had CVI cams in the past go dead after the IR kicked in due to a power problem. ie not enough power to run the IR which is what draws the most juice.

but yeah, wifi...
Thanks for your input guys! That's another funny nuance...one of these cameras are literally sitting right beside the NVR and its two Wifi antennas, literally 18" apart. The other camera is using a wireless router/repeater and the signal is very strong and stable.
The power thing is a great recommendation and that possibility did come to mind, so I tested that by putting my hand over the camera face until the IR lights came on. The camera didn't disconnect. I still got a clear and steady picture of the palm of my hand so it doesn't seem to be a power drop issue.
I'm not sure this is necessarily a wifi issue. The wifi signal for both is very stable during the day with 0 disconnects. I'm more inclined to think it may be an issue with the actual camera hardware since these two cameras run the same FW revision which is also different that the other 6 cameras.
This is the fun that goes along with using WIFI for security cams. Wifi is not reliable.

Last edited:

shooter

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for more input for this problem. I noticed, as indicated earlier, that the only IPCAMS displaying this issue are the only cameras running the firmware revision below.

I would presume that OOSSXX has multiple bullet camera manufacturers who supply their branded cameras, as many other vendors do. I'm wondering if you guys can recommend how I would be able to find the camera manufacturer having only the camera firmware revision.