trouble with webplugin.exe in Firefox & Chrome, but works in IE

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
you can do everything config wise with any browser w/out the plugins for cameras
When trying to configure a camera w/o a plugin, I run into a problem. With no view of the camera's image, it's impossible to set IVS rules, adjust the picture, exposure, etc. (I've tried Firefox and Chrome) (pics below) (note: I pointed the browser to the cam, bypassing the NVR)

In SmartPSS 2.0, I haven't found how to configure IVS or adjust the zoom on my varifocal.
I didn't update Firefox with the new version that was released today. So I'm not dead in the water (yet).

How do you guys do it?

Fastb

upload_2017-3-7_11-17-20.png

upload_2017-3-7_11-24-48.png

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IE or Safari are the only ones left after your FF blows it away.

Hoping a new SmartPSS 2.0 comes out soon that allows IVS drawing for Mac, but I waited so long just to get IVS Support i'm not complaining too much.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Setting IVS Rules with Windows Smart PSS 2.00.1:
It´s using the internal cam function. I can see my rules I did define on the cam webif. use right click on the camera name on the left window. In the context field you find many functions. The IVS seems to have some more options like available on the cam webif. I havn´t tried them, i am not sure if these options are all working, but all ivs options from webif you will find here for the normal smart eco cams.
upload_2017-3-8_1-21-35.png
upload_2017-3-8_1-28-9.png

Zoom and focus
upload_2017-3-8_1-29-48.png

I am not really sure, but i mean, i could do this in the same way on a customer imac with SmartPSS 2.00.0

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
TVT73,

Thanks for the post, pics and info!
I'm using Smart PSS 2.00.0, released 2016-11-16

I used your pics for guidance. When I right click on a camera, the pop up window shows 4 choices (main stream, sub stream, modify channel name, Smart Track Config). Your pic shows 7 choices, including IVS Channel Config.

So I searched for vers 2.00.1
Unfortunately, 2.00.1 is not available in English. See below

upload_2017-3-7_17-15-36.png

In Smart PSS 2.00.0, this is the view from "Smart Track Config"

upload_2017-3-7_17-27-36.png

I can see my IVS rules, but I don't have the option to set or define the rules in V2.00.0
Also, I don't have the ability to adjust zoom on my varifocal.

As you know, most Americans aren't multi-lingual (a pity). So maybe I'll have to improve my french (je parle un peu de francais) or wait for v2.00.1 to be released in English. Maybe in May? According to the release notes for v2.00.1:

"This version only support NVR/HCVR/IPC/EVS/PTZ/NKB/NVD/M70, and we will support VDP/Access Control in V2.01 which may be released in May. Watch this space, and we will give U more surprise."

The above note (for Smart PSS International Version) is not a note for the next Smart PSS English Version. I'll stay optimistic it's coming soon. Or I'll be working on my French!

Fastb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Tangent,

Thanks for your suggestion!
In my reply to TVT73, I may have overstated my dilemma . I'm okay for now. I can configure cams using IE, as nayr suggested. I'll install the recent FF browser ver, with security fixes, upgrades, etc. Good.

Longer term, support by various browsers for Dahua cameras seems to be at risk. Right now, these are the options;
- IE (for how long?)
- Smart PSS (for now, the International Version 2.00.1)
- Maybe Pale Moon....

For mac users, solutions may take longer (as nayr pointed out).

Maybe the CIA can teach us how to reach the cameras using other methods.... o_O

Fastb

halt00

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that's the newer version, which is the one you should try if you're interested.
This page shows a bit more about it: SMART PSS | Dahua Technology
When clicking on info for that version (international) it does not list English as a supported language. Is that what everyone is using? There seem to be 4 viable installs on that page. There is one label Chinese/English and is 2.0xxx.

halt00

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the link to the most recent. I just installed it and it appears to work fine. The language options are English or Chinese. Recommend you do not install the computer based NVR until you get the main program installed, configured, and running.

http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download_detail_5581.html
Thanks, I won't be running NVR for the foreseeable future. I just got a DAHUA IPC-HDW5231R-Z to replace a cam that died. Sadly I have 4 other cams, three of which are different vendors. The cams eventually fail after a few years and then I replace with a better cam. However, this one is far more complicate to setup than previous ones, and the bad grammar in the docs aren't helping. I wanted to use SmartPSS since downloading videos from the SD card via the cams interface doesn't seem to include sound and others on this forum have said using SmartPSS download corrects that. I am thinking this forum might be the wrong place for me (or maybe the Dahua was too much of a cam for me) - so many topics are way over my head here! Thanks

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@halt00 If you are using different vendors you maybe should give blueiris a try. Then you have an software based nvr, which is with nearly every cam compatible. Altough it doesn't use all integrated intelligence of the cams, it's a good choice.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just received my new Dahua SD29204S-GN as a followup to the Dahua H2.65 IPC-HDW4431C-A that I received a week and a half ago. I checked the 4431 last week just to make sure it arrived undamaged, and it did. Then I reformatted my home computer and reloaded Windows 7 after a major hardware upgrade. I check the SD29204S-GN and in Firefox, I can get into the camera and click on the video interface to download the webplugin.exe file. I do so, install it, refresh, reload, reboot, and I'm still just stuck at the "click here to download plugin". I confirm this activity for both new cameras post-reformat. I even try getting different webplugin versions... 3.0.0.1 and 3.0.0.2 and 3.0.0.3 from the Dahua cameras I have there. All do the same thing. This is dumbfounding me, because this is a clean install of Windows, so doesn't have any bloated crap on top of it yet.

I confirm that the MMX plugin (MediaPlguin-v-3.3.37.274972) that requires activation after the loading of webplugin.exe does not even come up as an option on my freshly formatted computer under Firefox. Meanwhile, both cameras work correctly under Internet Exploder with the plugin. So.. any ideas on what's the disconnect here? Somewhere along the way, Firefox is not updating the frame which would normally give me the option to activate the MMX plugin and then display video in that frame. The same behavior occurs under Chrome btw.. Only IE works.. I definitely don't want o use IE.

The only thing different I can see is that on my work computers, the webplugin.exe installed to C:\Program Files\webrec\Torch\3.0.0.3 several different files. Additionally, there is also a folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\webplugin.exe with webplugin.exe3.0.0.2.exe and webplugin.exe3.0.0.2.dat from the older version. I don't have this folder loaded on my home box. I'm thinking that it might have spawned from the MMX plugin after activation. Either way, that's the only difference I can see.

Anyone know what the latest and / or final version of WebActiveX.exe is? I've seen 3 versions get installed on my machines. I thought I saw a 3.2.3.x version last time I deleted the folder. (it gets re-added every time you view a dahua cam from IE but depending on the camera, it gets a different version.) Looking for the internet latest version available. I understand I could also use SmartPSS but I like this little WebActiveX.exe for some conveniences on certain machines. (it typically installs under Program Files / webrec / Torch / Version Number /